Liquivision Xen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am simulating a dive with my Xen right now.

To turn on the stop watch, it takes 3x down taps to access the main menu. One side tap to activate the stopwatch. From there, 3x side taps and 1x down tap to select start, then a side tap to start it. I can do the whole sequence in about 3 seconds (just timed it). It reads like a lot of steps, but its really very fast and easy.

To restart the stopwatch, it takes 4x side taps. Super fast.

As far as resetting the avg depth, I DONT want it to be super easy. An accidental reset of the avg would pretty much make the entire feature worthless. I like the fact that it asks you to confirm it. I reset the avg maybe once per dive. Sometimes, I don't even reset it at all.

Dude. Re-read your post. Can you honestly tell me that your perfect BT would make you do that much just to turn the damn thing on? And, if you mis tap, or a tap doesnt register then you are screwed. Go back to point zero. Also, how did you get yout stopwatch to start automatically? Mine doesnt work until I then start the thing too, even when i try the 4 taps to reset it it still doesnt start.

I agree about the depth avg feature being a couple steps away; that is great. I also think that the 4 taps to reset is fine too, but what i think is a pain is having that ON TOP of the stopwatch activation.

It is an amazing BT, but it needs to be updated soon, and not just to the people who complain to liquivision, can make it to BTS or are selected at random.

I'm not calling it perfect. I'm saying that you're overstating the steps needed to use a stopwatch. You're making a mountain out of a molehill...dude...

I fed the stopwatch issue back to Liquivision as well. I believe that there will be an update at some point that will address this, but probably not very soon.

With a bit of practice you can get the stopwatch pretty quick, but as you say it is a little bit annoying.

HTH
John

I've fed this back as well. It's not the end of the world, but it's the only thing about the unit that irritates me. I have had a response from Liquivision to the tune that they intend to add a default stopwatch on/off feature as well as a bunch of other stuff as soon as they get the Xeo finished.

Last edited:
I definitely like that my Tec2g (in gauge mode) has seconds without me having to fuss with it. I know it's really not the end of the world to not have seconds, but I do like that feature. And having to remember to turn the stopwatch on every time I dive would just irritate me.

I also had the chance to play with a Xen at one of the local dive shops and I was amazed at how much force was required to actually get it to go to the menu. I don't know if that was the particular unit, but I wasn't impressed with it. Like Rainer mentioned, I've seen too many people beating up their X1's in hopes to get them to do what they want to do....not my cup of tea.

The OLED screen is nice, but not nice enough to justify buying one myself....maybe I'd reconsider after actually diving it, but if my computer were to crap out right now, I'd probably buy another Tec2g.

I have a Tec2G, a Xen and an X1 ... the Tec2G has been living inside a baggie in my save-a-dive kit since the Xen showed up.

Different strokes, I guess.

Also, you do know that tap strength is a program selectable feature. Some folks like to keep it set so that hard taps are required ... keeps it from accidentally moving into menus.

I agree that there are things about both the Xen and the X1 that could be better. The way I see it, that's what software upgrades are for. The Xen in particular is very simple to upgrade ... it takes just a couple minutes to download the new software.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I definitely like that my Tec2g (in gauge mode) has seconds without me having to fuss with it. I know it's really not the end of the world to not have seconds, but I do like that feature. And having to remember to turn the stopwatch on every time I dive would just irritate me.

Xen bottom time display has seconds. If you need seconds you do not need to use stop watch for that.

Happy to clarify some questions.

1. Yes, there will be a feature addition update we will offer once we're through the final testing of the Xeo. We can only spread our developers so thin. The update will include a few new features and will include a setting which will allow the user to set the stopwatch default on/off so it does not need to be turned on every dive you wish to use it.

2. Currently, once the stopwatch mode is on there is a shortcut to access the stopwatch menus by using 3 side taps. When the stopwatch is running the first menu item is "reset" with the intent on making the resetting of the stopwatch quick and efficient. This is outlined clearly in the user manual. There will be a small change to this in the next update which will have the first menu item to be "start" when it's not running, and then the first menu item will switch back to "reset" when it is running in an effort to optimize it further.

3. With many people basing their deco on average depth, we purposefully made resetting it a deliberate process. Typically we find people only reset it once during a dive, and often don't reset it at all.

4. Seconds are always shown, even when accessing the menus, and the user has the option of an analog seconds display as well.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

Doug,
What's the best guess of the Xeo's release date?

I hesitate to give a firm date because the moment I do, of course something will delay it... Murphy has a way of doing that. So that said, my best guess would be end-of-April (that would be my hope) but I'd be a lot more comfortable saying end-of-May and then delivering sooner.

Also by popular demand, the stopwatch default on/off function for Xen will be coming much sooner (in the next update, instead of the "feature addition" planned for after the Xeo is launched). :D

We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding during this exciting time. We're just as anxious to have it as everyone waiting for it is.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

Dude. Re-read your post. Can you honestly tell me that your perfect BT would make you do that much just to turn the damn thing on?
I'm not calling it perfect. I'm saying that you're overstating the steps needed to use a stopwatch. You're making a mountain out of a molehill...dude...

I just love a good brouhaha in bro-speak. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom