Liquivision's new computer & BT: XEO & XEN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas Torpedo

Pollo Grande Tejano!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I sure wish I could make DEMA this year to see these first hand. I'm a happy Liquivision X1 owner (x2) and don't see this changing it, however, if I were looking for my first Trimix computer, or an excellent recreation computer with full upgrade potential, this would really have my attention. They are also introducing a dedicated bottome timer as well.

Pulled from Liquivision's site:

XEO Rec-Trimix Computer:
Brilliant Under Pressure.

We owe the inspiration for the Liquivision Xeo to our customers. Whether they dive shallow reefs or deep wrecks, our customers told us what they wanted in a computer and we’re proud to give them what they’ve been hungry for… an affordable, well-made dive computer with a highly readable color OLED display.

The Liquivision Xeo is a wrist-mounted air, nitrox, and OC/CCR trimix computer that can serve divers of all levels. Designed with input from both physicians and highly-respected divers, the Xeo offers maximum readability, ergonomic comfort, and compact convenient size. It features Liquivision’s patented tap-interface, a bright full-color OLED display, user-replaceable battery, robust ceramic pressure sensor, two mounting options (high quality strap or bungee-cord), and the proven Buhlmann-GF (ZHL16C) algorithm. We’re proud to add the Xeo to the Liquivision “Dive Enlightened” series.

Brilliant design, brilliant display… brilliant under pressure.

Features:

READABLE: The Xeo features a full color OLED screen, with an angled display, and huge fonts. The colors are fully user-configurable and the font shape and size was designed with input from physicians.

ERGONOMIC: The Xeo is compact and shaped to fit your wrist, with an angled screen to optimize readability when mounted on both your wrist and/or your scooter. The Xeo is designed for ease of use whether you are using your bare hands or thick dry gloves.

INTUITIVE: The Xeo menus are easily navigated, and Liquivision’s patented tap-interface allows you to interact with the unit quickly and easily.

RELIABLE: The Xeo incorporates the proven Liquivision patent-pending ceramic pressure sensor technology.

CUSTOMIZABLE: The Xeo offers you the unique possibility to customize the display layout and colors for each piece of information on your screen, such as depth or time, so you can configure the display based on your individual needs and preferences.

SERVICE: As always, Liquivision products are backed by world-class customer service, focused on being reachable and responsive. We at Liquivision deeply value our customer before, during, and after the sale.
Xeo Functionality:

* Trimix Mode allowing up to 10 gas mixes
* Optional CCR Mode with fixed PO2 set-points (software upgrade sold separately)
* Bottom Timer Mode (see Xen functionality)
* Proven Buhlmann-GF (ZHL16C) model
* Dive time with seconds, and hr:min:sec or total min:sec.
* Visual alarms
* Built-in dive planner
* Dive simulator
* Dive logging
* Imperial/Metric settings
* User replaceable battery
* Downloadable (hardware sold separately)

Hardware Specs:

* Full-color OLED display
* 170 degree readability/viewing angle
* Readable in complete darkness
* Scratch-resistant mineral glass
* User-changeable battery
* Dimensions: 2.5”x 2.2”x 1.5” (6.4 x 5.5 x 3.8 cm)

Includes

* Depth-compensating strap and has incorporated bungee-ready mount.

XEN Info:
The Liquivision Xen bottom timer:
Free Your Mind.

The Liquivision Xen is, simply put, the bottom timer that offers everything you want and nothing you don’t. Designed with functionality input from respected gauge-only divers, and with readability and ergonomic input from physicians, the Xen is the ideal gauge for everyone from the open water enthusiast to the most advanced record-setting technical and cave divers.

Features:

READABLE: The Xen features a full color OLED screen, with an angled display, and huge fonts. The colors are fully user-configurable and the font shape and size was designed with input from physicians.

ERGONOMIC: The Xen is compact and shaped to fit your wrist, with an angled screen to optimize readability when mounted on both your wrist and/or your scooter. The Xen is designed for ease of use whether you are using your bare hands or thick dry gloves.

INTUITIVE: The Xen menus are easily navigated, and Liquivision’s patented tap-interface allows your to interact with the unit quickly and easily.

RELIABLE: The Xen incorporates the proven Liquivision patent-penting ceramic pressure sensor technology.

CUSTOMIZABLE: The Xen offers you the unique possibility to customize the display layout and colors for each piece of information on your screen, such as depth or time, so you can configure the display based on your individual needs and preferences.

SERVICE: As always, Liquivision products are backed by world-class customer service, focused on being reachable and responsive. We at Liquivision deeply value our customer before, during, and after the sale.
Xen Functionality:

* Bold font with large numbers, prioritized layout, and auto-dimming functions
* Dive time with seconds, and hr:min:sec or total min:sec.
* Average depth with reset option
* Stop watch with seconds display and reset option
* Bookmark function
* Visual alarms
* Lifetime dive log memory
* Imperial/Metric settings
* User replaceable battery
* Downloadable (hardware sold separately)

Hardware Specs:

* Full-color OLED display
* 170 degree readability/viewing angle
* Readable in complete darkness
* Scratch-resistant mineral glass
* User-changeable battery
* Dimensions: 2.5”x 2.2”x 1.5” (6.4 x 5.5 x 3.8 cm)

The price of the XEO looks especially good..

Links:
Liquivision : Scuba : Xeo
Liquivision : Scuba : Xen

Attachments

• xeo.jpg
    xeo.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 110
  • xen.jpg
    xen.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 81
It appears these new units are not rechargable, whereas the X1 is rechargable. If it was determined that the power consumption levels of the X1 made being rechargable the preferred design option, I'm confused as to why these new units are non-rechargable ? (unless these new units have deployed some sort of breakthrough in power efficiency, rendering the X1 as relatively obsolete now ? )

It might be that the new models don't have the computing horsepower, and thus the power demands, that the X1 has. The choice of Buhlmann instead of VPM seems to imply a smaller CPU. The bottom timer looks nice.

It appears these new units are not rechargable, whereas the X1 is rechargable. If it was determined that the power consumption levels of the X1 made being rechargable the preferred design option, I'm confused as to why these new units are non-rechargable ? (unless these new units have deployed some sort of breakthrough in power efficiency, rendering the X1 as relatively obsolete now ? )

When designing the product, we listened to our customers. There were enough people who didn't like the idea of a rechargeable battery that we decided to go the other route on this product. Funnily, the longer the X1 is on the market the more rechargeable battery computers are showing up.

No real reason other than that. They're just different, but it has nothing to do with their processors or computing horsepower.

...alrighty, what type of battery do the new units require, and how long does it last on a battery ?

If Air Integration were an option, I wouldn't mind that Xeo.:D

yeah, A.I. would be nice, and I'm not convinced the touch-tap interface is something I'd be crazy about. I think I'm gonna hold out for the wrist mount Atomic Cobalt to come out, compare things at that point, and then pull the trigger. ...but am going to Scubatoys today to pick up my (2) Cobalts... :D

Have you ever held an X-1 and tried the tap interface first-hand? Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. Having used it, I don't ever want buttons on anything again.

No doubt about that.. Why would anyone want 1,2,3 or even 4 buttons when you can navigate by simply tapping different sides of the computer? Fast and accurate. What's not to love?

Last edited:
There were enough people who didn't like the idea of a rechargeable battery that we decided to go the other route on this product. Funnily, the longer the X1 is on the market the more rechargeable battery computers are showing up.

What were the objections to a rechargable battery?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom