Liquivision's new computer & BT: XEO & XEN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The really nice thing about the tap interface is that it works you down through menus in an algorithmic fashion, so you don't have to REMEMBER that this button does this if you push it once, and something else if you hold it down . . . I had terrible trouble with the Tec 2g, trying to remember how to reset the average depth, or get the backlight on. With the tap interface, you are always just looking at a list of options. It's very intuitive, and I can even manage it at depth, where I'm stupid (or stupider, anyway).

My only(so far) concern is with the idea of a proprietary battery. I generally like being able to buy batteries from a wide variety of sources. Even though it uses an "N" sized battery, for example, I can get those for my Cochran almost anywhere.

My only(so far) concern is with the idea of a proprietary battery. I generally like being able to buy batteries from a wide variety of sources. Even though it uses an "N" sized battery, for example, I can get those for my Cochran almost anywhere.

Well be concerned no longer... :wink:

The Xeo and Xen use an ER14335M battery. Since they vary in capacity based on the manufacturer, we can only specify the approximate dive time with the Liquivision recommended battery which we will ship to dealers. With the Liquivision recommended ER14335M the Xeo gets about 50 hours of dive time in trimix full color mode at medium brightness. If you switch to green text at low brightness that goes over 90 hours. That's assuming that you do all the diving within a month or two after putting the battery in. If you put in a fresh battery and leave it in standby for a year, and then go diving, the effective dive hours will be less.

Those are dive times from initial internal tests. Those are not necessarily the numbers we will claim, we have not determined what we will claim yet because it makes a huge difference what colors the user chooses to use. White, for example, burns three times as much power as green. Since you can configure the color of every item on the display, the power drain can vary dramatically.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

Well be concerned no longer... :wink:

The Xeo and Xen use an ER14335M battery. Since they vary in capacity based on the manufacturer, we can only specify the approximate dive time with the Liquivision recommended battery which we will ship to dealers. With the Liquivision recommended ER14335M the Xeo gets about 50 hours of dive time in trimix full color mode at medium brightness. If you switch to green text at low brightness that goes over 90 hours. That's assuming that you do all the diving within a month or two after putting the battery in. If you put in a fresh battery and leave it in standby for a year, and then go diving, the effective dive hours will be less.

Those are dive times from initial internal tests. Those are not necessarily the numbers we will claim, we have not determined what we will claim yet because it makes a huge difference what colors the user chooses to use. White, for example, burns three times as much power as green. Since you can configure the color of every item on the display, the power drain can vary dramatically.

-Doug
Liquivision Marketing & Sales Manager

What color options are there and what is the efficiency level vs. readability of each?

You can change the color of every item on the display independently. The fundamental colors, green, red, deep blue, burn the least power. Colors that compound them together such as light blue or yellow burn a bit more but still okay. White is really the only color which burns an unacceptable level of power for no real gain in readability.

The Xeo and Xen have an auto-dim mode. This allows the display to be at high brightness on the surface (i.e. in bright ambient light), and the brightness can be configured to decrease as you descend into darker water, saving power. Once in darker depths you don't need max brightness anymore.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

I'm drooling over this. The Xen looks fantastic.

I have to say, the ability to configure the display in various colors REALLY increases the readability. But you do have to choose colors that will show up well in dark water, if you are diving in same.

I would like to get a Xen as soon as my local distributor gets them in. So far they don't have them :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom