List of OEM Manufacturers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SinkFloridaSink

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Im looking for a list of OEM Manufactures or would like to create one with everyone's help.
We know there are countless brands of scuba gear, but most of them are made by a small hand of of manufactures. Can you add to the list?

Below are a few OEM Manufactures I found.

Please post the manufactures you found and what brands you believe they make.

W.M.D-Home

ODS

Scuba Gear, Diving Equipment, Scuba Equipment, Scuba divers, Dive gear, Ocean Divers manufacturer. | AQUATEC - DUTON INDUSTRY CO., LTD. (Makes Palantic and ScubaMax 1st stage)

Multinational

China diving mask/swimming goggles/silicone rubber lens glasses Manufacturer - Dongguan City Guoyang Sports Equipment Co.,Ltd.

http://www.oemscuba.com/

Shenzhen yeguang technology light diving flashlight factory, hunting flashlight manufacturers Flash lights (makes DRIS, ScubaMax, Dive Gear Express)

Beuchat OEM's regulators for several other companies including Dive Rite (not sure if they still do it for DR). Beuchat has a regulator factory in France and I believe that they OEM regulators for other European companies.

My research into traditional basic underwater swimming gear sources has precipitated the names of several Far Eastern Orginal Equipment Manufacturers, but it's not always easy to determine which are product makers and which are product distributors. I get the impression that fin moulds, for example, are sometimes passed around within groups of manufacturers to meet international demand.

Anyway, I'll begin with a good online information source for diving equipment OEMs: Alibaba.com at http://www.alibaba.com/ and Taiwan Trade at Taiwantrade | Home - Sourcing quality Taiwan products, suppliers, manufacurers and exporters

Now to share some of my findings about OEMs in the field of fins. Let's start with Taiwan and I see that the Taiwanese companies "Aropec" and "Problue" have already been highlighted as OEMs, but there are other ones in Taiwan:

88:
48dc82ae-85ee-433e-8e14-b2efea9b188c_F88A-360x360.jpg

The Y. C. Fish F88A Fin and the Lung Win LW-88A Fin are also marketed as Fun Dive (Brazil) Sprinter Fin, Land & Sea (Australia) Express Fin, Mad Wave (Russia) Long Fin and Olander (Sweden) Gulf Fin.

802:
F-JS802-GN.jpg

The Aropec Swift Fin (F-JS802) and the Lung Win LW-802 Fin are also marketed as the Arena (Korea) AQAAF02 Fin, Poseidon Snorkeling Fin, Scubapro Rubber Full Foot Fin, Selex (Turkey) Fin, Subgear Jelly Fin.

702:
F-JS702.jpg

The Aropec Dash Long Blade Rubber Diving Fin (F-JS702) and the Problue Rubber Full Foot Diving Fins are also marketed as the Subgear Stream Fin, the Poseidon Diving Fin and the Sopras Sub Full-Foot Fin.

Victor:

p_130520_04137.jpg

The Aropec F-LY171 Fin and Lung Win LW-V1 Fin are also marketed as the Land & Sea Thruster Fin, the Olander Victor Fin and the TYR Flex Fin.

Be aware that Western diving equipment companies tend "shop around" among OEMs when it comes to fins and one year they may go for Taiwanese manufacturers and another year Malaysian producers. If the above interests you, I can provide more information.

Back
Top Bottom