Little Cayman in mid Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No matter what you bring, or leave behind, you will have the most wonderful time. LCBR is incredible, the staff are most accommodating, the food excellent (if Anthony is still the chef). The dive op is well run and the DM and captains quite friendly. Prepare to be spoiled! Highlights of our trip in July were seahorses, lots of spotted eagles rays, and a reef shark. Couldn't recommend one dive site over another, they were all spectacular in their own way. Topside, make sure to borrow one of the bikes provided and just tool around. Going back this June, can't wait. Have fun!

The food is "excellent". Compared to what? I've stayed at three of the resorts on Little Cayman and LCBR has BY FAR the worst food. Mystery meats, soggy salads, overcooked, etc. Try a meal at Pirate's Point or Southern Cross while you are there and I'll bet you never return to LCBR.

It's probably too late to change resorts but maybe you can at least cancel the meal portion and bring your own food and eat at some of the other resorts. I'm not that picky about food but that junk they serve at LCBR really is awful!

pilot fish,

We stayed at "The Club," condos that are a part of LCBR, last Jan. and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The little grocery store on LC was well stocked, and we had a complete kitchen in our condo, where we ate all of our breakfasts. I ate lunches between dives at LCBR and thought the food was as good there as at the other resorts. We did dinner at a different resort each night and thought that was a great way to see the other places and meet some interesting folks. I'd suggest not doing a full meal plan at LCBR so that you can experience some of the other resorts. They provide free transportation and you can also ride a bike to several of the resorts.

I thought Reef Divers was a first class operation all the way. They have the biggest boats on LC, and were able to get out to the north side on days that some of the other resorts were not able to. Well trained DMs who gave thorough briefings and who allow you to dive your own profile. I've only been diving about 5 yrs and the diving off LC is my favorite.

Here are some land shots: honeymoon2 : photos : Little Cayman 2007 Jan.- powered by SmugMug

and scuba: Little Cayman Scuba 2007 Jan- powered by SmugMug

Enjoy your trip, alashas

I already have the full meal plan. I'm meeting a dive bud friend there who has been there twice and says it is a good place and food is ok. Will let you know when I get back.

pilot fish,

We stayed at "The Club," condos that are a part of LCBR, last Jan. and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The little grocery store on LC was well stocked, and we had a complete kitchen in our condo, where we ate all of our breakfasts. I ate lunches between dives at LCBR and thought the food was as good there as at the other resorts. We did dinner at a different resort each night and thought that was a great way to see the other places and meet some interesting folks. I'd suggest not doing a full meal plan at LCBR so that you can experience some of the other resorts. They provide free transportation and you can also ride a bike to several of the resorts.

I thought Reef Divers was a first class operation all the way. They have the biggest boats on LC, and were able to get out to the north side on days that some of the other resorts were not able to. Well trained DMs who gave thorough briefings and who allow you to dive your own profile. I've only been diving about 5 yrs and the diving off LC is my favorite.

Here are some land shots: honeymoon2 : photos : Little Cayman 2007 Jan.- powered by SmugMug

and scuba: Little Cayman Scuba 2007 Jan- powered by SmugMug

Enjoy your trip, alashas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom