Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidHickey

Contributor
Reaction score
Kingsman, Ohio. Near Wilmington and Waynesville
# of dives
50 - 99
Good morning, this may get bumped to the destination forums but its kind of a general question so I thought I'd post it here. Getting ready to head to little cayman 05/18. Just wondering if anyones been recently and if so how strickt Cayman Airlines are with their luggage weight restrictions. I've been told 55 pounds INCLUDING carry on. Any info would be appreciated
Thanks
David

I've always connected through Cayman Airways out of the US so I never had to check luggage with them here. I never had to weigh my carryon when checking luggage in Grand Cayman or the Brac in the past.

Unless its something new, I am dubious of that limit.

i'm going in july and have been researching the same thing. although cayman air website says 55 pounds.........apparently you need to be prepared for only 50 lbs, plus a 15lb carryon. (or pay extra $)

It is really luck of the draw. Most times they do weigh the luggage and carryons. Generally they charge you fifty cents per pound overweight, over 55 pounds. I have had times they weighed my wife's purse, but most times not. Or $75 for an extra bag.

You should be getting your luggage weighed in the US if you begin on CAL, but certainly on the way out of Grand Cayman if not.

I purposely pack my bags at less than 55 pounds, so I have never run into that problem.

Going to the Brac is very different, especially if you are going over on the jet. They don't weigh your luggage at all on that routing.

LC is served only by the small twin otter aircraft. Overall weight is a serious issue, particularly for the high demand weekend flights in high season.

Catching the jet to Cayman Brac can avoid that issue entirely for those heading that way.

No - it will have been included in your ticket price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom