Liveaboards - Destinations and Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Kinda a follow-up to my other "coron" post, but more specific as I am thinking LOB might be the way to go. Plan to spend 2wks in Philippines this May. First week around Coron. Second week is open but thinking PG or Visayas (open to other spots). Want to see a lot and dive a lot! Will be single diver for the second week so figure LOB might be a good way to go.

Which op's are good, and what areas are best done by LOB? What would be a good budget to plan on? Found Visayas Schedules & Rates | Expedition Fleet Liveaboards: Scuba Diving Philippines and Palau! which is $2K US for 8 days, or $250/nt. Seems like you could do much less ($150/day seems to be a common budget) but thats generally note 4 dives/day nor the variety of LOB. I can live with $2K/wk (although will happily pay less if possible to still get a great experience).

Thanks!

Tubbataha is the best in the country.
There are couple of small operators based in Puerto Princesa and they also run trip to Tubataha.
travelphil dot com for more information.
I dived with Jin Sulu and Moonshadow before and they are fine if you can do without aircon and limited fresh water for shower. Moonshadow has been replaced by MB Dschubba but Mark has been running the show to Tubbataha for umpteen yrs.

There's also Abyss Divers in Cebu. Its a safari rather than liveaboard but still tons of diving and they have some varied trips.

Tubbataha is the best in the country.
There are couple of small operators based in Puerto Princesa and they also run trip to Tubataha.
travelphil dot com for more information.
I dived with Jin Sulu and Moonshadow before and they are fine if you can do without aircon and limited fresh water for shower. Moonshadow has been replaced by MB Dschubba but Mark has been running the show to Tubbataha for umpteen yrs.

how different is the Dscubba from the Moonshadow?
How is Mark? friendly?

how different is the Dscubba from the Moonshadow?
How is Mark? friendly?
Never on Dscubba.
Mark was friendly as far as I can remember and so was Urs(Queen Ann).
I had no problem with both of them.
Most of their clients are either Swiss or German.

Dscubba is a new boat.

Back
Top Bottom