Living and diving in three-quarter time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am damn close to making the switch to CCR...Probably a REVO. May have to spend a week with Jim when I can afford it...Gotta sell some other toys first. Anyone want to buy a harley? LOL

I was on the Speigel twice two weeks ago, Had a come to jesus meeting in the engine room, but all worked out. Left a Chiefs coin in the mess...Copefully nobody finds it and says "wow, a free CPO coin!" LMAO.

I am damn close to making the switch to CCR...Probably a REVO. May have to spend a week with Jim when I can afford it...Gotta sell some other toys first. Anyone want to buy a harley? LOL

I was on the Speigel twice two weeks ago, Had a come to jesus meeting in the engine room, but all worked out. Left a Chiefs coin in the mess...Copefully nobody finds it and says "wow, a free CPO coin!" LMAO.

The rEvo is my choice. As far as the engine room goes its dark and silty and is considered an advanced wreck dive. I hope if any others of you elect to go to the engine room or other below decks spaces such as crew quarters or ammo magazines you have the requisite training. We have had fatalities in there due to lack of training and lack of proper wreck diving procedures.:(

The rEvo is my choice. As far as the engine room goes its dark and silty and is considered an advanced wreck dive. I hope if any others of you elect to go to the engine room or other below decks spaces such as crew quarters or ammo magazines you have the requisite training. We have had fatalities in there due to lack of training and lack of proper wreck diving procedures.:(

For the record, the members of the team I was with are all very capable and highly trainied wreck divers. An equipment malfunction caused a chain of events that was less than desirable.

Yes that room is silty as hell, and there are some tight turns to get in.

For the record, the members of the team I was with are all very capable and highly trainied wreck divers. An equipment malfunction caused a chain of events that was less than desirable.

Yes that room is silty as hell, and there are some tight turns to get in.

I remember a few routes to get into the main engine rooms....mostly trunks that are straight vertical drops through two decks....is this the route you took?

Yeah, not quite straight vertical... the drops seem to shift from one side to the other. Im a pretty long guy, so dropping straight down and making a tight 90 getting in is tricky for me...have to be carefull about where my feet and legs are. Springs in my boltsnaps on the deco bottle were weak, and my bottle decided to fall off into a mound of silt..lmao. Not a good way to start that section of the dive. then came entanglement....lost line....and zero vis exit. Fun right?

Yeah, not quite straight vertical... the drops seem to shift from one side to the other. Im a pretty long guy, so dropping straight down and making a tight 90 getting in is tricky for me...have to be carefull about where my feet and legs are. Springs in my boltsnaps on the deco bottle were weak, and my bottle decided to fall off into a mound of silt..lmao. Not a good way to start that section of the dive. then came entanglement....lost line....and zero vis exit. Fun right?

I spent as little time as I could down there because it was not uncommon for the temperature to be 100 degrees F & higher. I had to qualify as a Jr Engineering Officer of the Watch, so I did spend a LOT of time in the "hole" :bonk:

Is there a permanent line installed in those spaces?

I spent as little time as I could down there because it was not uncommon for the temperature to be 100 degrees F & higher. I had to qualify as a Jr Engineering Officer of the Watch, so I did spend a LOT of time in the "hole" :bonk:

Is there a permanent line installed in those spaces?
Sorta. There is some orange cave line in there, but it's pretty rotted. Broken in some places. It would be a good project to cut out all the old line and put in something thicker and more permenant. Problem is that people will jump off the main and leave their lines like a spider web.

cave Diving in Romania

We heard a great presentation about cave diving in Romania by our newly minted IANTD Technical Cave Diver instructor Mihai Baciu at Cave Country Dive Shop.

Romania.jpg

Hey Jim

In 1983 I got my butter bars down the beach at Pensacola.

Small world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom