Living and diving in three-quarter time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm envious of Pete. If I were to dive the SG, I would want to do it in the company of someone who could make the wreck come alive for me. That was what made the Thistlegorm so magical, and what most wrecks dives lack for me.

Hey nice diving with you Z. Hope the botanical gardens in Sarasota were pleasant.

Yeah, great dives! I think the ear will be an exit vs an entrance for me... and the gardens were nice. Had a few carnivorous plants too :)

(PS I owe you for lunch!)

Eagles' Nest Diving this week.

Cool dives at Eagles' Nest over the past few days working on a trimix instructor course. Eagles' Nest has gotten some negative publicity over the past few months but it is a safe deep cave dive for those properly trained. Eagles' Nest is no place for divers who are not certified as cave divers and who are not certified or being trained to dive trimix.

There is NO cavern zone at Eagles' Nest contrary to what some people may think.

Below is a screen shot of one of our dives at Eagles' Nest.

Screenshot 2014-03-04 15.24.16.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last week we completed a CCR Cave Class. This is a screen shot of one our dives at Ginnie Springs. These divers earned their CCR Cave certification through the NSS-CDS.

Screenshot CCR Cave 2014-03-04.jpg

Last edited:
PADI Tec 40-45

This week we are working with James Waterman completing is apprentice cave program through the NSSCDS and his PADI Tec 40 & 45 certifications. IMG_1199.jpg

What a great weekend we just had at Eagles' Nest completing a hypoxic trimix class with three guys from Texas, Matthew Wright, Kevin Murphy and Rich Thomas.
Our dives ranged in depth from 160 feet down to 265 feet. Visibility was 40 feet and the water temperature was 72 in the cave and 74 during decompression.

While we were there TJ Mueller, secretary of the NSS-CDS installed another set of Grim Reaper signs at the top of the solution tube, at about 40 feet in a continuing effort to warn untrained divers from entering the cave system.

We are still having difficulty keeping unqualified divers out of this cave and the Christmas day fatality of father & son weighs heavily on our minds as we search for more and better ways to discourage people from cave diving without training.

Eagles' Nest has NO CAVERN ZONE as defined by NSS-CDS & NACD standards. I don't care what others say. :no:

Please help us spread the word that cave diving is not for the untrained and cave diving at Eagles' Nest is only safe for certified cave divers and those certified in or being trained in the use of trimix.

EN.jpg

Last edited:
Great class and great dives Jim. The cave was remarkable. I look forward to going back. Thanks Jim, Kevin, and Rich.

Watching TJ and the others working on getting the sign in reminded me how much work goes in to trying to keep divers safe and keeping these sites open. It also reminded me to renew my CDS membership :).

Matt

Today we are getting ready to fly north for Beneath The Sea, we have a booth #312. I will be showing off my new brochures and unveiling a new website for Tec Diving in the Florida Keys

We will have all our information on Cave Country Dive Shop as well as consultation over cavern and cave diver training in Cave Country, North Central Florida.

We are in booth #312 in between Add Helium and Shearwater Research.

See you there!

Yesterday was a fun dive on the Spiegel Grove diving from Ocean Divers boat. I had fun diving my rEvo & with my dive buddy Mischa Hauserman.

The photo below is of Primary Flight Control where we directed helicopters from.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 136
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom