LOB MV White Manta Mar 2010 Schedule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eugene73

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,

Does anyone know when the operators of White Manta will post their schedule and pricing for 2010 dive to Tioman/Aur?

It won't be going to Tioman / Aur in April? Is that reliable info?

A note to others that may not know, the White Manta was sold last October and the new name is the DiveRace. It's still crewed by the same people and former owner is helping to run the boat as well as to take bookings. The name change is a tad confusing at the moment but I thought the new owner was planning to bring it back to Singapore in April. I could be wrong and neither website has a Singapore schedule yet but it doesn't have any other schedule for April either.

They only posted one trip in Malaysian waters and that is to the Repulse.

You are right Zippsy that the White Manta was sold (i forget new name). Not sure what they will be doing with the old WHite Manta.

The new name is the DiveRace. The new owner is also Singaporean and I believe his plans are to sail it out of Singapore from April through October, similar to how Vincent was handling it.

Thanks for the info guys. i guess i'll keep clicking in to the existing WM website to check.

If you're the new owner of DiveRace and you're reading this, please post up your LOB Apr-Sep 2010 schedule! :D

just found this on the DiveRace website:

"We are currently developing an Online Trip Booking System to allow you to easily check for availability and book trips online. Kindly check back soon to start using our booking system. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thank you."

and there are write-ups for dive trips to Tioman/Aur, etc., so I guess Lionel Lim (the new owner i guess) will probably sail it out SG from Apr-Oct.

let's see if the schedule will come out soon, before i ended up booking Bali for my next scuba course...

As far as I'm aware, both boats will be back for a shorter Singapore season - July, August and September.

I'm not sure of the DiveRace (ex-White Manta) but I am quite sure the Black Manta is sailing from Singapore in April. In May and June it will sail from Kota Kinabalu to Layang Layang and other nearby Spratley Islands and then it will be back to Singapore in July. I am not 100% certain when it returns to Phuket (or goes elsewhere) but I would be shocked if it left before the end of October.

Back
Top Bottom