Lobster Recipes, Cooking Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We grill Florida Lobster every year. Soak in lemon butter or Italian dressing, brush with garlic and grill away. I have even seen cinnamon & sugar butter used- that was good, too.

sharpenu:
We grill Florida Lobster every year. Soak in lemon butter or Italian dressing, brush with garlic and grill away. I have even seen cinnamon & sugar butter used- that was good, too.

Can't really compare our lobsters to yours. Very different texture, flavor etc IMHO.
Not to mention the fact that we would be killed for even thinking of using cinnamon on a bug :)

decapoddiver:
Can't really compare our lobsters to yours. Very different texture, flavor etc IMHO.
Not to mention the fact that we would be killed for even thinking of using cinnamon on a bug :)

Cinnamon on a bug? Killed is putting it kindly, MA GL clearly states that cooking a bug in any manner that involves anything but heat, water, butter and any spice or condiment that does not go good with a breakfast roll is prohibited. I believe the penalty is closer to spending three days in line at the DMV.

decapoddiver:

What about curry? I am a sucker for indian food.

2 Pounds Lobster Cooked, Deboned
1 1/2 Teaspoons Peanut Oil
4 Small Shallots -- diced
2 Medium Spanish onions -- diced
1/2 Carrot -- diced fine
1 celery Stalk -- diced fine
1 Teaspoon Fresh ginger Root -- diced fine
2 Garlic Cloves -- minced
2 Teaspoons curry powder -- West Indian
1 Cup Arborio Rice, italian Style
3 Roma tomatoes -- peel/seeded
8 Cups Chicken Or Lobster stock
1/2 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander
1 Tablespoon Thai Basil, Or Regular
2 Tablespoons parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 Tablespoons Unsalted butter 1/2 Cup Papaya -- cubed
1/2 Cup Mango -- cubed
1/2 Banana -- sliced
Salt, to taste

CHEF DU JOUR SHOW #DJ9172 AIR DATES: 1/25/96, 1/28/96
CURRY LOBSTER RISOTTO YIELD: 4 SERVINGS

Heat peanut oil and saute shallots, onions, carrot,
celery, ginger,garlic, curry powder and rice until
vegetables are soft. Add tomatoes and half of the stock.
Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, uncovered,
stirring occasionally. Reduce until stock is almost gone.
Add remaining stock and repeat process until rice is al dente and stock has evaporated. Add remaining ingredients.
Mix well over high heat. Season with salt, to taste, and
add the lobster meat. Stir and serve immediately.

I often grill lobster; split them with a butcher knife down the center line. They'll kick a bit but that's just the nerves. Baste with butter, start shell side down on a covered grill and keep them a bit moist to keep from burning the shell. Flip towards the end to give the meat some of the smoky grill flavor. Can also baste with other liquids; lemon juice, white wine, left-over champagne...

MSilvia:
Sounds good, but... deboned? I've eaten a lot of lobster, but I've yet to have any with bones.
Well, it's not my fault the only lobsters you catch have Osteoporosis. :)

You're right, the person that wrote that recepie needs a good biology lesson refresher.

chebby: I'm from framingham...and I will find you...and...well...
pain...
lots of pain.

lord1234:
chebby: I'm from framingham...and I will find you...and...well...
pain...
lots of pain.

Come on over! Pain is exactly what you'll feel when you'll try my cinnamon lobster rolls stuffed with ice cream and pork and glazed with chocolate!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom