Local Grinds - the chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for burgers i'd have to vote for "cowderhouse" their kobe steak burger is probably the best, next would be believe it or not ruby tuesday's triple prime burger & salad bar.... kua'aina has gone way way down hill, even the haleiwa one sucks now 8*(

Town is quickly becoming a favorite.

that place is tops

I had corn chowder (kinda light...very flavorful, not too thick)

and the Hana beet salad. Big fat thumbs up. JB had the wild boar sausage something like a quishe. Inside, I have found the pillows on the bench for the old folks, so now I am happy.

I hear 12th ave grill is getting good reviews

The hands down BEST Italian food on the island is at Sabrina's.

Based on your recommendation, we made reservations for Saturday night. I know you said that they are kind of slow, but we're going in at 5:30 and hope to get thru dinner in time for a 7:00 show of the Nutcracker at Mamiya Theatre.

Where is "Town" located at?

across from the asian outdoor market/ flower place...

We had dinner there last night, the Menocino chicken is wonderful. (and it's hard to get me excited about chicken) It's some free range succulent creature they bring in....

Lunch is a better deal, same food half the price, pretty much. Nick's fish market is like too.

"If you're really into high quality local organic food then you should try Town. Try dishes like the home made gnocchi,the Ahi tartare, or the braised lamb. Great wine list and delicious desserts." from some food writer

Town
3435 Waialae Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96816
808-935-5900

Sabrina's was wonderful!!!! The only disappointment was that we didn't have time to linger. They did their best to accomodate us and get us in and out in time for our show, but it really is a place you want to really linger over appetizers,antipasto, main dish, dessert, etc.

Also, if you have plans to go ahead of time, stop in and get one of their paper menus as they require one day advance notice for the veal and lamb dishes.

I had the Fagottini di Pollo Casa Savio (Chicken breast stuffed with Cognoc-flamed asparagus and glazed with a Marsala butter sauce). It was to die for!

We will be going back soon!:D

I just love BYOB restaurants as they are usually much more intimate and reasonably priced. My faves are Mekong and Irifune (garlic ahi is highly recommended). After dining at Sabrina's on Saturday it is my new fave!

Please share your favorite BYOB places.:D

the Greek Table

in Kahala

I see a lot of big name surfers there, too. which adds to the ambiance...and they sell wine right next door (I think they own that shop, too, how clever is that?)

I like Casa Blanca in Kailua, not exactly affordable, but very good and cozy....oh, and you can eat with your hands :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom