Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's see if you have the cojones to not have to walk
I can't even start to guess what you mean?
There was a big protest on Dec 15 by the taxis here as well as on mainland because the govt will be passing and allowing uber to operate. The govt said any taxi driver who does violence will lose licence to operate. Soon uber will be here in the state.
Well, there are government statements;
And there are real-life actions that may be contracted. I wouldn't want to drive an Uber there.

And there are real-life actions that may be contracted. I wouldn't want to drive an Uber there.
Oh, hell no.
Gonna be a long time before that union, monopoly or whatever you want to call it is brought to heel. In the process, there will significant prices paid.

Does anything nice ever happen over there?
Sure, but not as likely to make news.

Does anything nice ever happen over there?
It is a very pleasant place, have made many friends there over the years and is still pretty sleepy overall. Especially compared to other Caribbean locations. Sensationalism sells though.

It is a very pleasant place, have made many friends there over the years and is still pretty sleepy overall. Especially compared to other Caribbean locations. Sensationalism sells though.
If they report it, it is sensationalism. If they don't, it's a cover-up. Choose your conspiracy. :D

I can't even start to guess what you mean?

I will explain it to you Don.
The numbers I posted are for the mototaxis. The rick shaw looking things with a motorcycle up front and a small passenger cab in the back.
The operate around Cozumel.
People use them.
The taxi drivers have been known to harass them.
They are an alternative to using a taxi for those who have a problem with the taxis.
I would have no problem using one, but I would not want to be in one when a taxi driver decides to attack it.

They are alternatives to using a taxi, but they might come with unwanted consequences.
There is some risk in doing anything that might upset a taxi driver.

Does this explain it well enough?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom