Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will explain it to you Don.
The numbers I posted are for the mototaxis. The rick shaw looking things with a motorcycle up front and a small passenger cab in the back.
The operate around Cozumel.
People use them.
The taxi drivers have been known to harass them.
They are an alternative to using a taxi for those who have a problem with the taxis.
I would have no problem using one, but I would not want to be in one when a taxi driver decides to attack it.

They are alternatives to using a taxi, but they might come with unwanted consequences.
There is some risk in doing anything that might upset a taxi driver.

Does this explain it well enough?
Do the taxistas have a problem with the horse drawn carriage from Pancho's Backyard?

Do the taxistas have a problem with the horse drawn carriage from Pancho's Backyard?
Elon has already taken care of it.

1672249811524.png

It is not from Pancho's Back Yard Restaurant. They just advertise on it, but it is odd since they (Sharon and Pancho) are so active in animal rights and the animal shelter.

Oh really. I've never noticed them. There is a type of bus system as well.

Thanks.
Don they are often used by locals away from the main drag where all the taxis are. There is virtually very little taxi service for locals. The moto taxis were often harassed, threatened, burned, shot at. But it seems the taxis have made their peace with them as the moto taxis are out and about freely now.

Don they are often used by locals away from the main drag where all the taxis are. There is virtually very little taxi service for locals. The moto taxis were often harassed, threatened, burned, shot at. But it seems the taxis have made their peace with them as the moto taxis are out and about freely now.
I have been told by several drivers that each day some taxis provide service to locals and only locals on a rotating basis.
Is that not true?

I have been told by several drivers that each day some taxis provide service to locals and only locals on a rotating basis.
Is that not true?
It seems the if a taxi has a red rag out as a flag it will pick up multiple passengers on the way and I have been told it is a 'locals' taxi. If I flag one down and there is an open seat I will be asked where I am going and if it is somewhat aligns with the route of those already in it I can get a ride. I am not sure of the fare structure but I do not mind paying 40-50 pesos for ride in town.

It seems the if a taxi has a red rag out as a flag it will pick up multiple passengers on the way and I have been told it is a 'locals' taxi. If I flag one down and there is an open seat I will be asked where I am going and if it is somewhat aligns with the route of those already in it I can get a ride. I am not sure of the fare structure but I do not mind paying 40-50 pesos for ride in town.
I have had an occupied cab stop for me a few times as you describe but I did not notice any sort of flag on the vehicle and I don't think the fare was any different. No matter; I don't mind sharing a cab.

It appears that this photo disappeared after the server crash, originally posted by flyboy looks like 20 ave between Juarez and calle 2. Cute cuddly little guy.

IMG-20221229-WA0000.jpg

It appears that this photo disappeared after the server crash, originally posted by flyboy looks like 20 ave between Juarez and calle 2. Cute cuddly little guy.

This is a faked, poorly photoshopped image.

Back
Top Bottom