Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never even heard of the accident and was in the marina every day this month, never seen it on Facebook either.....
Odd this happened on the 17th and I left on the 19th and also spend about 3 hours a day at the marina and never heard about it. The local crews are very chatty. Has anyone else confirmed his actually occurred????

I indirectly heard about it during an inspection the other day - almost like the news on Facebook doesn't exist anymore or a very reduced version.

And yes, there are zero secrets in the marina - even Caleta and Abrigo stuff comes back to Fonatur. I'm sure that girl wasn't dropped off at the marina being that serious - they probably went to the nearest pier

They were fisherman, I seen a pic of the boat, 25' or smaller panga, single engine, tanks laying on the floor......
How do you think they contacted authorities, radio or mobile phone?

1672770586153.png

Come fishing with us, it'll be fun!!!! I rarely see boats like that up in the sleeping shark area and out where we dive the wall in the North - cell service doesn't really work out there, at least Facebook stuff doesn't load. They also could have been on the East side, there's 5-8 boats kept at Chen Rio for fishing.

I wonder what their security certificate is, ours requires flares, mirrors, radio, life jackets etc.....

One day real soon, we are diving with them crazy fishermen over there on the east side, this has me re evaluating what goes in the dry bag for the day!!!

The bag drag is getting faster as immigration is automated in Terminal 3, Terminals 2 & 4 to follow...

Lately there have been assurances that the traffic issues have been fixed

Back
Top Bottom