Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My guess is the strip of beach just south of playa mia that is now used by the general public that know about it

I would suspect just south of playa Palancar at the old pier. It was semi developed during COVID (despite legal rulings to shut it down) and at the time it was bandied about that it was being done by the ex mayor of Cancun with political juice.
Although several large Palapas are in place but I haven't seen any activity since.

And the beauty is you don't need sewer's just punch a hole, run perf pipe into the ground and let it percolate into the reef.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-24-19-02-17-10_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-24-19-02-17-10_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 21
Royal,Caribbean is expanding and renovating Playa Mia making it exclusive to their cruise line passengers. I heard the adjacent public beach area will be incorporated into the expansion.

Read a couple years ago about a new cruise ship pier near Blue Angel and the car ferry. is that still in the works (hoping not....)?

Might they buy an 'existing beach club' and spend the money upgrading/branding it? Which one(s) would be within walking distance of their normal pier? Cause the taxis won't allow corporate buses to get them there.
Maybe they have plans to build a large pier at said beach club and will use a ferry to transport from the ship direct to beach club. The Molina family owns Playa Mia Beach area which is apparently will be the new Royal Carribbean beach club and they also own Winjet Ferry. This is the same family that is pushing for the 4th pier in Cozumel. The Molina family now resides in Merida. It seems to be open season for developments everywhere on the island now including the marine park. 7 Years ago you could count the number of catamarans on your one hand. Now there has to be 20 atleast and all serving the cruise industry mainly. The marine park is turning into a very large toilet bowel.

Tourists are taken to northern beach clubs by the busload and have for some time in full view of the taxis parked outside them.
I am shocked that no swimmers, snorkelers or divers on the north end haven't been run over by jet skis, the little go fast boats, the jet boats running tourists to passion island, the catamarans, the pleasure and fishing boats and large ferry's also to passion island. Sooner or later...
I recall the southern beach clubs also run at least the jet skis (park pass?).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom