Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree. Unfortunately I believe we are outvoted by the wallets of the tourists who keep Hooters and Margaritaville listed in the top 5 restaurants in Cozumel on TripAdvisor. :stooges:
Still? Both those places closed years ago.

Yes, both still listed in the top 5 (and Señor Frog's is also listed in the top 10 on TripAdvisor). Both Hooters and Margaritaville are still open.
Ah, right. They didn't close; they just moved. Margaritaville was in town across the street from the Europea liquor store but it's now down in the Puerta Maya complex, and Hooter's moved into Puta Langosta. Both moves were to get them closer to the cruseros.

If you want other music, there are plenty of other venues on the island.
If you are listening to music that came to your hotel to entertain guests, then it will probably be geared to the tourists.
If you want to hear music not for tourists, then you need to go out of your resort to a club in town.
Not Dicks or Wet Wendy's or Thirsty Cooter

Although Wendy's has salsa night on Wednesdays with an 8 piece cuban style band.

I don't doubt that at all, but as a tourist from the US myself I would rather not be "aimed at" (read: repeatedly and continuously inundated at high volume) with Anglo music when I am on Cozumel. As I say (frequently), if I wanted to feel at home when I am on vacation I would have stayed at home.
I totally agree. I go to the Caribbean, Mexico mostly, for their culture, not mine. Otherwise, I might as well stay home.

Ah, right. They didn't close; they just moved. Margaritaville was in town across the street from the Europea liquor store but it's now down in the Puerta Maya complex, and Hooter's moved into Puta Langosta. Both moves were to get them closer to the cruseros.
Well, at least we can still walk by Senor Frog's on cruise day and gawk at the cruiser drunks with silly balloon animals on their heads. Good post dive entertainment

If you want other music, there are plenty of other venues on the island.
If you are listening to music that came to your hotel to entertain guests, then it will probably be geared to the tourists.
If you want to hear music not for tourists, then you need to go out of your resort to a club in town.
Not Dicks or Wet Wendy's or Thirsty Cooter
Yeah, of course I know all that. Not my first rodeo. :D

Yes, both still listed in the top 5 (and Señor Frog's is also listed in the top 10 on TripAdvisor).
Top rated by people who travel to Cozumel on cruise ships and who have never been to any other restaurant on the island. :D

Hotel Cozumel started a Catch of the Day Beach Party in Feb 2023 that was Wed afternoons. It seemed popular enough it was still being held again this Feb when we returned. They stuck with the band we originally saw & heard & from what I was told this year they still have the contract. The band is really good & plays (while were there which isn't a young crowd) Rock & Roll of the 60's thru 80's and did throw in some Country & Jimmy Buffet stuff. I read they are one of the top bands on the island & play at several venues & may play a much more varied play list depending on the crowd. (Also weather permitting they use the Beach Club area at Hotel Cozumel which is open to the public & they play from 1:00 to 3:00 with a short break in between.)

Attachments

• 7D2_7874.JPG
    7D2_7874.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 17
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom