Local Scuba Dependency Workshop - WSSD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue:
where can I get a drysuit cheap and quick?
Cheap and quick huh?

Hmm, I don’t even like my DRYSUITS that way. :wink:

But seriously folks. :D There are plenty of shops here. Depending on your size and material preference, I am sure that one of them could outfit you with what they have in stock. If you’re serious PM me, so I won’t get accused of promoting anyone’s shop on the board, and I can recommend a few well located LDS’s.

If you’re not serious, you should be! :cheers:

Oh DeepDog, I'm serious. I just don't have the money.

You're brilliant, DeepDog! I don't have to be ashamed anymore! I've got an official Diagnosis number....and willing partners for ongoing therapy.
This is great...thanks for the best laugh of my day.
Love your avatar, too. It's tough to choose between a regulator and a good stiff drink!

HBDiveGirl:
Love your avatar, too. It's tough to choose between a regulator and a good stiff drink!
Finally, someone who understands! :coke:

DeepDog:
West Seattle Scuba Dependency or WSSD is a workshop to help those, like me, who suffer from the following medical condition:

SCUBA DEPENDENCY with manifestations of withdrawal flashbacks
ICD-10 code F22x4.13

So far, the most productive therapy has been my own new group therapy. It involves “Re-experience”. This is where we recreate the flashbacks by actually doing local dives and then re-surfacing to discuss our experience. The flashbacks are beginning to improve (but thankfully they aren’t going away).

Here are just a few of my signs and symptoms of scuba addiction. I’ve read other symptoms here on SB but those were not on this list:
I am continually checking my air and depth.
WAIT, why is my console hanging over my shoulder?

Tom

Hello, my name is Dan and I'm a scuba-holic.

I only clear my ears when I'm in the car ... does that mean I'm curable? I dont think there's a cure (and if there is, keep it to yourselves! :wink: )

(I got a new BC yesterday, and since I cant baptize it in the water till Saturday, I put it in my room, then went to bed and stared at it smiling for a while. :07: )

I'm proud to say that I finally took the second step on the road to not recovering (first step being certification). Put some money down on the rent-to-own program at Whidbey Dive last weekend, so I'll be the proud owner of my own treatment facilities in less than a year. Will look to do some NW orientation dives after my wedding/honeymoon/dive trip in January, then some more local diving with my buddies, and then I'll be ready for some group therapy with whoever is up for it.

utnapistim:
I got a new BC yesterday, and since I cant baptize it in the water till Saturday, I put it in my room, then went to bed and stared at it smiling for a while.
New equipment - The waiting is the hardest part! Congrats on the new BC. :D

Egypt is definitely on my list of places I'd like to baptize MY bc. The visibility here last night was about one meter.

Kamala:
I'm proud to say that I finally took the second step on the road to not recovering (first step being certification). Put some money down on the rent-to-own program at Whidbey Dive last weekend, so I'll be the proud owner of my own treatment facilities in less than a year. Will look to do some NW orientation dives after my wedding/honeymoon/dive trip in January, then some more local diving with my buddies, and then I'll be ready for some group therapy with whoever is up for it.
Holy life changes Batman! :icosm13:

Where to start . . .
-Congratulations on the new bride and best wishes. :thumb:
-Congratulations on the new "facilities" we will be needing more details on that please.
-Looking forward to doing some shark hunting when the dust settles.
:cheers:

Kamala:
Can we help name it????
Divaholics Recovery/Relapse Treatment Facility???
Oh the possiblities are endless..........
Being an Evil Earth Plunderer do you think you could get my medical insurance to cover treatments at your facility? :eyebrow:

pennypue:
Can we help name it????
Divaholics Recovery/Relapse Treatment Facility???
Oh the possiblities are endless..........
Being an Evil Earth Plunderer do you think you could get my medical insurance to cover treatments at your facility? :eyebrow:

Divers anonymous? :wink:

Orion DM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom