Locations/maps/coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogxman

Contributor
Reaction score
Following the recent poll I created this thread. Let's see how it will go. It's usefulness can be proved by posting the places you know about . The dive sites for any levels of divers are very welcome. The thread will by 'sticky' to the top and I will remove this part later.

This thread is intended for posting coordinates, maps, directions and descriptions of the dive sites around Ontario. It can be used as an online database. While posting to this thread please provide sufficient information for locating a dive spot as well as the description of the conditions, required equipment and an experience level. Please do not open discussions in this thread. If you want to correct the information in the particular post send a private message to the author.
Disclaimer: This thread is for general information only. Using this information is under reponsibility of the diver.

Name: J.C.Morrison wreck
Description:Paddle wheel boat
Level: Beginner
Depth: 26-30'
Directions: Attached
Maps Attached

Very easy, relaxing shore dive. Not much left from the boat except ribs below the original water line, paddle wheel parts and some constructions. Everything covered with zebra mussels. There is a lot of silt on the bottom, so good buoyancy control and proper fin kicks are required. In winter this site is good for ice diving. In summer months it makes sense to have surface flotation device as there are many fishing boats around the wreck.

Additional information can be found at:

Morrison macro (Thanks Vlada)

Additional Info (Thanks Marvintpa)

http://www.scubaq.ca/ontarioscubadiving/morrison.htm

I could not add anything to the information from the following site. If anybody have the GPS coordinates of the wrecks you are more than welcome to post them here.

Tobermory wrecks

The following site contains veru thorough description of Kingston wrecks and, what is very important, the GPS coordinates of 24 wrecks. Few of them are accessible from the shore.

Kingston wrecks

If you don't mind camping it is possible in Lake Ontario Park which is on King str.
Lake Ontario Park
Boat launch can be done in the same park or closeby in Portsmouth Olympic Harbour marina. Air fills can be done in the same marina.

This is a great idea my friend,
Once I get some dives under my belt, I hope to have some input into this thread. In the meantime I will take notes and try a couple out. :)

Directions.....Marmora is on Hwy #7 east of Peterborough (about 50 mins), Go north at the stoplights. Take first left at the bottom of the hill, straight thru the stop sign and turn right at bottom of the grade. The medical centre is on the right. (blue house like place). Park at the designated area. Enter the water of the "ramp". After you enter follow the water pipe about 1/2 way cross the river and head south. After a bit head west and the current will bring you back to your starting point.

Back
Top Bottom