Lock ring gloves on dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Viking Bayonet rings and I think that they are awesome. I dove them for the first time last weekend, and I will NEVER go back to wet gloves again. They felt so much better in all forms...

Phil

Anyone use the Diving Concepts gloves? A shop near me stocks those, and I'm thinking of putting a set on my White's Fusion when it gets here.

Jim

I have the Diving Concept Dry gloves on my suit. I have used the gloves once but had nice warm hands. Easy to get on and off once I got the rings set up.

Anyone use the Diving Concepts gloves? A shop near me stocks those, and I'm thinking of putting a set on my White's Fusion when it gets here.

Jim

They are the same as Skanna gloves. I have them on all my drysuits. They work great, but I did have a problem with one ring. It was off a bit in size and was a bitch to get the glove off.

Jim

DC gloves are awesome. I just put a set on my new Fusion. The installation is a bit trickier due to the integrated double cuff on the Fusion (neoprene cuff over the latex seal), but once on it works very nicely.

I have the Viking bayonet rings on my Fusion. Three minute install, easy removal, positive lock system. I love them.

My wife and I have the Northern Diver dry glove system. There's a twist lock ring that locks the glove to the suit. The wrist seal is intact so if your glove floods you don't fill your suit.

The rings are pretty bulky but they are super easy to install, they're secure, and I've got good dexterity with them. You can use different liner gloves depending on the water temp and how much touch sensitivity you want.

I did use the Diving Concepts rings and only had a minor leak once (a thread was caught in the o ring seal). If the o-ring was dry-ish it was a real pain to put on the glove. My wrist seal wasn't long enough to keep the inner wrist seal so the glove would slide off my hand if I raised my hand (air migration). The DC rings are just as bulky as the ND rings I currently use and 5-10 times harder to install.

The Diving Concepts rings are great. Easy on, easy off, inner wrist seal intact in case of a glove tear so you don't flood your suit. Replacement gloves easy to swap on (fairly), and super cheap at ~$4 per pair. Big fan, here.

I use wet 3 finger mits and they keep my hands very warm (I dive regularly in 38-41 degree water). I dive with some folks who use the dry glove systems and they often complain of cold hands.

I do not believe that using 3 finger mits in anyway compromises my ability to manipulate anything underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom