Lock ring gloves on dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How to you don and doff the DC dry gloves? I can't find a picture anywhere. You just squeeze them on and then pull them off?

How to you don and doff the DC dry gloves? I can't find a picture anywhere. You just squeeze them on and then pull them off?

Yea. They snap on/off.

I use the Viking bayonet ring gloves. They can be installed on your current wrist seal and it will still function. They are a little tight to put on before a dive, but no leaks. I know the wrist seal still works because my antique suit I installed them on leaked at the wrist seam. Arm was soaked but hands were dry as a bone. Oh, and I found out that the Viking underwear will keep you warm in 48 deg. water even when wet.

I use the Viking bayonet ring gloves. They can be installed on your current wrist seal and it will still function. They are a little tight to put on before a dive, but no leaks.

Apparently they have changed the rings a little (according to Bob3) so they are not so hard to get on and off. I just got my rings a few weeks ago and I do not think they are all that tight.

Phil

I just ordered the Viking Bayonet and can't wait for it to come in. I dive in 43 degree water so I'm looking forward to warm hands (and quick release).

I love my Viking bayonet ring system. The only problems I've ever had with it were user error (allowing the rings to get grit and salt on them, or not being careful enough about installing gloves).

DC gloves are awesome. I just put a set on my new Fusion. The installation is a bit trickier due to the integrated double cuff on the Fusion (neoprene cuff over the latex seal), but once on it works very nicely.

I'm trying to install my DC rings on my Fusion and not having much luck. I can't seem to get the neoprene cuff flipped over the ring once I turn the sleeve rightside out. Can you share the trick to it?

I am not sure I did any sort of trick... I think I just got the edge of the neoprene cuff on the entire ring and then just slid it on the rest of the way...

IMG_5215.jpg

Those are Viking rings by the way...

Phil

I've done the same as the poster above with my Si-Tec rings. No problem getting the neoprene cuff over the cuff ring (Fusion Tech skin). It ends up looking like built-in rings.

BTW, did you get the black gloves with the system? Very hard to see (signals) in darker waters...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom