LocLine Arms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave,what size tube did you use? What did you put inside it? Thanks Mark

It's 2" ABS pipe, nothing inside. It also makes the lights slightly positive and aids in the stability of the whole rig.

Dave

Dave thanks for getting back to me. Would two 1-1/2 tubes work? Mark

Sure, they would leave the lights a bit negitive but thats not a big deal.

Thanks Dave for all your help. Now I just need to glue them and hope for the best. Mark

I thought one of you had the SL50's and the other the TL50's ? If so, aren't they drastically different in buoyancy with the SL50's very negative and the TL50's only slightly negative ?

I think the SL50's have the battery contained in the lamp (very negative) and the TL50's have a battery separate in a canister so the SL50 lamp is slightly negative ?

Mark, is most of your negative buoyancy in the lamps, housing, equal in both ?

Don't put anything in the tubes, provided they can withstand the crush pressure at depth (which they should easily). The buoyancy is a function of the water weight displaced minus the weight of the object itself. Adding foam or anything inside the tube (if not needed) will just reduce the buoyancy.

Vic

Mark, is most of your negative buoyancy in the lamps, housing, equal in both ?[/QUOTE] Two thing I add to my housing 1. wide angle lens 2. lights. Now I think most of my problem is the battery. I what it attached to the housing and not to me. So far just in the pool this housing is heavy and sinks like a rock. If I had to guess weight it would be 20lbs with everything on it. Ron you right on the lights the batterys are not in the lights. Dont know if I answer your question? Ron what do you think? Mark

Don't put anything in the tubes, provided they can withstand the crush pressure at depth (which they should easily). The buoyancy is a function of the water weight displaced minus the weight of the object itself. Adding foam or anything inside the tube (if not needed) will just reduce the buoyancy.

Vic
Vic thanks for your help. I going to put the tubes together tonight I hope!!!!! Mark

If your housing w/ lights and WA lens "sinks like a rock", mounting the battery canister to your housing is going to create a big problem. I believe it's 2lbs negative all by itself.

I suggest experimenting with the pool noodles. Cut it into sections and attach them to the battery in your bathtub to see what it takes to get it neutral. Do the same with your housing/lights/lens. Only concern is how well they will hold up at deep depths and how many you will need to get neutral. I'm sure you don't want your system to be surrounded by pool noodles.

You could also do the same with empty water bottles.

PVC is nice as a finished product, but it's not easy to experiment with unless you have a lot of time and PVC.

I bought a pool noodle yesterday so I can give that a try. Your right all I need is to look light a big pool noodle underwater. LOL!!!!! I really think If I get get just a little buoyancy I can get by. The battery is the really problem here. Just dont want one more thing hanging off of me underwater. Mark

Back
Top Bottom