Log book is full...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JFB110

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So my PADI Diver's Log is full, it holds like 60 dives. I feel a little silly paying 13 dollars for another one. Any recommendations for a replacement? I'm considering just using a write-in-the-rain field book. Anyone ever done this? Thanks.

I just designed my own format, printed a ton out.....great thing is, I can edit it and I have 2 different ones now for recreational dives and staged decompression dives. Has everything I want on it and nothing I dont :D

I would suggest logging however you feel you would like to!

I'm considering just using a write-in-the-rain field book.
I've been considering this even before my first one fills up. I've Googled rite in the rain dive logs, but the only one that comes up is in the UK, Dive-Logs.com - Scuba dive log refill packs. and I'm not too clear on the price/shipping.

I did both of the above..(on advice found here), came up with my own layout in word, and print them on Write in the Rain paper (laser not ink jet).

I started be searching the board and downloading others suggested "created" dive log sheets; then decided to make my own (some of the ones I downloaded/people shared would have been fine too.) I then punched them for a free/recycled "fancy expensive leather" day tracker binder I found. I ended up finding a cheap plastic hole punch for the hole pattern, but started with just a single hole punch.

I kind of like that the pages in the "middle" of my dive log are written free hand on scrap paper the hotel gave me when I ran out of pages on vacation; There's advertising etc on the back from the hotel. That was sort of when I realized "anyone" could make a dive log.

Bob in CO

I designed my own in MS Word, 4 log pages/piece of paper (double sided) and printed on waterproof paper.

I added a few personalized things such as a place to log start/end pressure of a stage, a checkbox indicating if I used my 6lbs single tank adapter weight.

The great thing about making your own, is that if your equipment changes, you can modify and reprint any time.

I also designed my own. I could, personally, care less about some of the technical details of the dive. Instead, I want LOTS of narrative space. I use the log to document the type of dive, the topography and the critters seen. I often go back to the same areas and I refer to this info. It helps me decide what lenses to use on my camera, what to look for and where to look.

I print out the page, take it to Kinko's with the dimensions I want (smallish), print a bunch of pages. Then I have them drilled for a spiral binding. When I go on a trip, I take more than enough pages to cover that particular trip only and have just that number bound. I take a printed photo with the trip name and date on it and have them use it as a cover for the log. Then, I have a clear plastic sheet cover the photo for protection.

It makes a small, compact and very professional looking log book that has exactly the info I want on it. I have a bookshelf where each individual dive log is.

I also designed my own. I could, personally, care less about some of the technical details of the dive. Instead, I want LOTS of narrative space. I use the log to document the type of dive, the topography and the critters seen. I often go back to the same areas and I refer to this info. It helps me decide what lenses to use on my camera, what to look for and where to look.

I print out the page, take it to Kinko's with the dimensions I want (smallish), print a bunch of pages. Then I have them drilled for a spiral binding. When I go on a trip, I take more than enough pages to cover that particular trip only and have just that number bound. I take a printed photo with the trip name and date on it and have them use it as a cover for the log. Then, I have a clear plastic sheet cover the photo for protection.

It makes a small, compact and very professional looking log book that has exactly the info I want on it. I have a bookshelf where each individual dive log is.

that is an awesome idea, a separate log book for every dive trip!

no, i'm sorry, if your logbook is full you have to stop diving. :(

i use a plain journal from b&n. it has a picture of that japanese wave painting. i write what i want.

hmm, now that i think about it, i really need to update it before our trip next week, so thanks for the inadvertent kick in the seat! :)

just don't do what I do. I quit logging for many years. I wish I had not. Also, try not to get backed up on logging. You can look in my current log and tell when I waited too many dives to log. The comments go from very descriptive to "nice dive". lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom