Log book is full...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When making your own logs, do you record the certification # of you dive buddy? I ask because some of the things I want to do in the future require a certain number of "verifiable" logged dives. What else should be carried over for verification?

Absolutely not.

good luck with getting on a boat and asking to see any prospective buddy's log book before "deigning" to dive with them. I would laugh in your face if you asked me to verify I was an experienced diver. Then I would ask you to dive with someone else.

I am comfortable as a solo diver and rarely have to dive with someone I don't know well.

I started looking for a format that would suit me quite some time before my logbook was full as I wanted to find a layout that could capture more than one dive at a time and accommodated Nitrox and I was successful finding one on the internet. Since that time, I have been using that format. I can basically fit four pages on an 8 X 11 sheet of paper (recto verso) and I am quite pleased with it.

When I used to keep a log book I just made copies of one page and kept them in a three ring binder.

SCAN0035.jpg

Absolutely not.

good luck with getting on a boat and asking to see any prospective buddy's log book before "deigning" to dive with them. I would laugh in your face if you asked me to verify I was an experienced diver. Then I would ask you to dive with someone else.

I am comfortable as a solo diver and rarely have to dive with someone I don't know well.

Allison, I beleive the OP was speaking of Dive Ops that ask to see verifiable dives in your log before they allow you to do certain dives with them. Not a buddy on a boat asking for a log.

So my PADI Diver's Log is full, it holds like 60 dives. I feel a little silly paying 13 dollars for another one. Any recommendations for a replacement? I'm considering just using a write-in-the-rain field book. Anyone ever done this? Thanks.

I quite logging my dives years ago on paper. I bought a computer and just use my computer for the logging.

My plan is that in twenty years on my 65th birthday, I'll start logging in my dive journal again so that I can sit in my rocking chair when I cant dive anymore and reminisce about the ole diving days.

The negative side of just logging in a computer is;

1. No Dive Stamps
2. No Buddy signatures
3. No funny comments by buddies
4. No stickers
5. No drawings of the dive site or funnies by buddies
6. etc

I don't plan on hanging up my fins when I am 65 (in 6 years time) and I will still keep diving as long as I am fit to do so, but when I do I will have all of my log books to go through to reminisce or maybe write a book for my grand kids

Well..... I use Dive Log on my iPad and have it sync with the same program on my computer. My buddies can sign my log if I wish. It has a signature block. I can also download profiles in to the log. Your buddies can add comments as well. Plus you can add pictures from the dive. Plus as you add details about the types of dives, equipment, buddies, etc, it can give you all the statistics. You can easily see how many times you dove with a buddy, or with a certain regulator, or how many dives have been boat dives vs shore dives, or night dives etc. You can also load a GPS coordinate in to it and see it on google maps. It tells me the average times, depths, and SAC's of all my dives. The only downfall I can find in it is that I can not do multiple tanks/gasses easily. Other than that I prefer it ten fold over a paper log.

The negative side of just logging in a computer is;

1. No Dive Stamps
2. No Buddy signatures
3. No funny comments by buddies
4. No stickers
5. No drawings of the dive site or funnies by buddies
6. etc

I don't plan on hanging up my fins when I am 65 (in 6 years time) and I will still keep diving as long as I am fit to do so, but when I do I will have all of my log books to go through to reminisce or maybe write a book for my grand kids

Simason.72, I just use a small notebook. And I have logged every dive I've ever made. I don't have buddies sign them except for the 100th, 200th, and so on. I will stamp my log if I haven't been to that shop before or if it is an international trip. When traveling out of the country, I have had the owner (and instructor) of the dive shop that I dive with sign my last dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom