Log book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got an Excel spreadsheet that I keep all of my relevant information in. I also keep a paper copy. I back the Excel spreadsheet up in two different locations.

I download my dive computer to my laptop pretty much every evening during a trip. When we get home, I put a copy of the log on my desktop. These are purely for my own use, information and entertainment. I've never once been asked to produce a logbook, but if someone was desperate to review my recent activity, the most recent dives would still be on the dive computer.

no
yes - diverecord.com - it prints or outputs a summary to Excel. Not the best but all my dives are in it.

Download PDC to my laptop using Diving Log 5.0. It's really easy and captures the tedious details, does calculations (time in, time out, dive time, surface interval, max/min depth, average depth, SAC, etc.) I fill in the location, etc. and/or comments if I wish. It will do a lot more than I have chosen to utilize. I also print out copies and put them in my log book as backup. I only carry about 50 dives or so in my book while traveling. My PDC will capture 24 dives before over-writing the oldest, so on a weeks vacation I only need to remember or write down a few details about each dive so I can input later.

BTW, if you want to have your logbook in the sky, I believe Diving Log 5.0 supports this.

I keep a hand written Log as well an electronic one, (Diving Log 5.0) with dive profiles downloaded off my Dive Computers.

Additionally my electronic dive log is upload to an online log book site as back up.

Regards

Allow me another plug for the awesome DiveLog 5, the very complete electronic dive log. I have over 700 logged in it and it is really a pleasure to review and provide information to others from it. The author Sven is always updating and improving it. I port my dives directly from that program to the online site Divlogs.DE. One click to have all my dive information local and online.

I kept a paper log for about 250 dives. Since then, it's all been electronic. Currently, I am using DivingLog.de's program, which is excellent. I do still log every dive, although the descriptions have gotten shorter over the years . . .

Handwritten only, typically on the boat on the way in so i can get whoever's signature, and won't procrastinate later (my handwriting indicates how rough it was out ;-). Still on first book, 200+ dives later.

i use a dive journal on paper and also online back up dive log on www.scubaearth.com

I keep a paper one and I also keep one on my laptop with all the downloads of my dive computer. I do not use an online version

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom