Log Books the best one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aseeker2

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I stoped loging dives some time in the 80's.(Bad I know, but) I filled up the last one at around 300, as I remember it was a scallop dive like so many before it. Anyway that was the last page and never got around to getting a new one. Not a problem as long as I was diving my own gear, and had no plans for more courses.

Hind sight is 20/20 and I realize on the eve of my Rescue course how handy a detailed record of my Coctail diving would be. All the diferent gear I have used what was good/bad ect.

Anyway any tips on a good log book, something good for both home and away diving. or are two logs best.

Thanks,

Jim

I use a PDA for logging my dives, Jim - goes everywhere in an armoured case and downloads to PC at home. With various deco s/w installed its one of the best 'diving' purchases I've made - and its equally handy away from the water too.

Tim

I am about to start a new log book (having already filled up 3) and this time I am going to start a dive journal rather than just a log book. I plan to put all the regualr logged dive info it it, but also a little longer of a description than I had been putting and also I can do sketches, etc in it.

Thanks for the good adivce, don't think I an ready for a PDA, the idea of a journal is apealing, but so far I think the dive-log will suit my low tech lazy style.
Thanks,

Jim

I've never found a log I liked, they always have too much space for stuff I don't care about logging and not enough for things I do. I designed my own page, print off a bunch, and sew them with a cover into a nice compact booklet (since staples will rust.)

Gave up and designed my own; I keep it in a half-height looseleaf notebook now.

YMMV, but it works for me.

Here's my 2 cents worth.

I like the computer and PDA method Idea, but it's ideal for taking on a boat. Better for entering in later.

I don't have the "dive binder" type like the Day-Timer planners, but if I did, the dive-logs.com ones and some of the other look nice.

For just a good normal log, I like the one that ScubaPro sells. It is the size of a Passport and looks sorta loke one on the outside. The features I like about it is that it doesn't take up the entire page with a "dive profile" that you hardly ever fill out. It has plenty of space to write in details about the dive, etc. One of it's best features is that it's pages are waterproof, which is really nice since I've found that EVERYTHING in my dive bag gets wet when not put in a waterproof case like it should have been.

I went to look at it on SCUBAPRO.COM, but it appears their website is down.

hope this helps.

mike

Damselfish:
I've never found a log I liked, they always have too much space for stuff I don't care about logging and not enough for things I do. I designed my own page, print off a bunch, and sew them with a cover into a nice compact booklet (since staples will rust.)

You guys willing to share your designs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom