Logging Pool Dives

Should pool dives count as logged dives?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weeelll...no....

But if I got to dive in the Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory pool you better believe I'd log it!

All the best, James

In Montreal we have a 50 foot pool dedicated for scuba training.

I guess people could log their dives in that case.

NEMO33.com

Of course...where else will they record that they played chess for 45 mins underwater laying on the bottom of the deep end section of the pool? :wink:

Isn't the minimum depth of a loggable dive something like 15 feet? Most pools don't reach that depth...even below the drainage grate.

As a DM I used to keep an informal log of pool experiences in a separate ledger. But they were not dives and mostly the info was about others. Seeing how different people react and how the instructor or myself would handle issues they had. Nice reference when you see something similar months or even years later. Would also note changes in gear and how it affected weighting. But no, they do not count as dives for future course minimums.

I always vote no on this question because:
1. It's not a dive
2. No shells to collect in pools

If it involves training or equipment trying, etc. I would have a special place for that in the log book. But not count it a "dive # 245".
Re: Rescue: I did log the 5 mins. spent underwater during the scenarios as a dive because that was in open water.

Log it as a pool dive, note what you did, bouyancy check, weighting for a new wet suit,harness adjustment etc

Just because you log the dive does not mean that you have to number the dive.

Bob
-------------------------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

I was wondering about what to do about the pool time that is going to happen tommorow. I think i will log the dive but not number it. That way I can still keep track of what i did.

I go along with the others on this. It's your log and if you want to remember the experience, go for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom