lol they're **ALL** cattle boats, aren't they?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL going on 3 years doesn't really make ME a local either for that matter! But I dive a lot! People seem to be very happy with Palm Beach dive operators... never heard a bad report about any of them. I've enjoyed Scuba Club several times.

Oh, an that op that you are talking about - Splashdown? - this'll be my first trip with them for Saturday's night dive.
Divesherpa:
Hey Mike,
Our experiences could not be more different. I've been in south Florida for about 9 months, so I'm not really a local. I went out 4 days last week. We were on a boat that holds 20 divers. On the first day, there were 4 divers. On the second day, there were 5 divers, and on the third day, there were two (my wife and I).

The operator was great and the divemaster described the reef with an intimacy that rivals insanity!! I like that.

This operator is in south Palm Beach County.

The boat is also running 2 Scubaboard trips this Saturday, one in the morning and one at night.

Cheers,
Jamie

MikeJacobs:
I had heard about this little charter but ususally go with a group and haven't had the opportunity. I'll give them a try in the next few months. Thanks!
Conrad himself can be worth the price of admission. Ask him about the movies that have been shot from his boat.

MikeJacobs:
LOL going on 3 years doesn't really make ME a local either for that matter! But I dive a lot! People seem to be very happy with Palm Beach dive operators... never heard a bad report about any of them. I've enjoyed Scuba Club several times.

Oh, an that op that you are talking about - Splashdown? - this'll be my first trip with them for Saturday's night dive.

Splashdown is the one. I would like to join you guys this Saturday night, but I only know Kevin. Sounds like you guys all know each other fairly well. They run a Class A Operation. I may go Saturday afternoon with them, depending on the # of warm bodies.

Cheers,
Jamie

Awwh join us! We don't bite....(hard).... really!

Scuba_Jenny:
Awwh join us! We don't bite....(hard).... really!

speak for yourself, Jenny!
evilgrin.gif
(notice the BIG teeth?)

Scuba_Jenny:

I would agree with the list. I keep a copy of it around.

Hmmm, my problem seems to be getting enough people together to get a boat to run rather than finding too full a boat (unless the weather has been bad for a few weekends and then we finally have one nice weekend predicted by the forecast). Usually, it seems that, as the weekend draws closer, more bail out until there are only two or three of us that end up going.

Charlie99:
Try Conrad Nix's Miss Conduct out of Pompano. http://missconduct.tripod.com/ Oooops. I'm not a local, so I shouldn't be telling you. :wink:

Conrad is a great operator. I love everything about his boat . . . EXCEPT the ladder sucks. The distance between steps is much further than it should be.

Any smaller framed person that does not have strong legs and is already struggling on most boat ladders will have a hard time climbing into the boat from the water. Plus, straining is a great way to bring on DCS.

It's a shame, because he knows what he is doing and has taken me to some great spots. I have real issues about climbing out of the water with double 120s plus the weight I carry for neutral bouyancy under water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom