Long Beach Ca diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now what boat goes to these wrecks, besides the Max Bottomtime?

Sometimes you will find a boat going to the Olympic. That is a really nice wreck to dive. As for the others the answer is rarely will a commercial boat go and then only if they are chartered to do so. The UB88, Santa Clara and the Moody are decompression dives so you should have a proper tech rig for them. I would look for a boat that is doing the Olympic and the Oil Rigs. I think Channel Islands Dive Adventures is putting together a trip like that in the near future.

Island Diver, Sundiver II and the Giant Stride visit a few of these wrecks. Some of them are tech trips only and some are too small to accommodate more than a few divers at a time and are best dived from private boats.

The Pacific Star often hits a wreck and a couple of oil rigs for a one day dive trip. Recreational depths

I concur with most recommendations with the Palawan being my favorite of all since it is the biggest at recreational depth. The Olympic is a bunch of metal and the Ace too deep to enjoy for long. The last two are usually alternated as the first of the Pac Star on the way to the rigs (a nice alternate to rigs). If you can get a few dive friends together you can call Kayaa at Selky Charters and she can do any trip you want. Her boat is a 6-pack and very fast (have done Farnsworth Banks and Rigs on the same trip) . It will be a little more pricey that your normal 20 diver boats but she can make you a custom trip anywhere you want to go.

I go on my own boat....its better diving!

Good for you... For the rest of us we have to depend to others to bring their boats, carry our crap, bring food and drinks, and get us around...

Good for you... For the rest of us we have to depend to others to bring their boats, carry our crap, bring food and drinks, and get us around...

I've been there too....After 7 years of saving and alot of hard work...now I have a little boat..:D No depending on others...and better diving...Sorry if It sounded bad:confused:...I was answering the previous post of " who goes to these wrecks besides Max Bottomtime" by Hatul

San Diego is less than an hour drive from Long Beach so I consider that "Long Beach Area" well worth the drive

San Diego is less than an hour drive from Long Beach so I consider that "Long Beach Area" well worth the drive

What freeway are you taking to get from LB to SD in less than an hour?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom