Long Hose Configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, tstocum, I am not at home to measure the stuff I use for my necklace. It's small -- I'd say maybe 3/16"? A lot of people call it shock cord. I buy it at REI, where it comes in black, or at Seattle Fabrics, where it comes in black or white.

My dive buddy just bought himself a set of Atomic regs.... I thought the covers just unscrewed? If so, could you just switch the blue and yellow covers? (I see it's probably not a huge problem for you as is though.)

PS: tstocum, on the bungie for the secondary: The size I mentioned in my earlier post is the one that DiveGearExpress said on their website was most often used for bungied regulators - that's how I chose it. I also got some of the next size larger (for other projects) and to my mind it would definitely have been too large. In other words, the size that DGE recommended seemed to be the right one.

My dive buddy just bought himself a set of Atomic regs.... I thought the covers just unscrewed? If so, could you just switch the blue and yellow covers? (I see it's probably not a huge problem for you as is though.)

I guess I could have. But the Z2 primary has blue highlights on the exhaust ports ... and that would look wrong with the yellow front :rofl3:

Seriously, anyone I dive with know what reg will get donated... and I'd expect that anyone in full panic swimming up would grab the reg in my mouth. I'm just not concerned about it, and haven't dove that rig (singles) for a number of years :)

Good point on the potential confusion with the mis-matched colors :wink: "I'm out of air, and this fellow has two working regulators. But... do I take the blue one with the yellow highlights? Or the yellow one with the blue highlights? Hmm, this is going to require some deliberation...."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom