LONG trip report, High Springs, etc., 10/8/04 - 10/11/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inter_alia:
Simon, Manatee was closed (and really, really tannic -- is that the word? Espresso-like, I mean) yesterday. Catfish Sink did not have a barrier... and the new attendant at the gate seemed to insinuate it was diveable.
Just fyi.

Great Post, very well writen, kinda gives us the experiance alomst as if we were there diving with the both of you!! hopfully the springs will be beack to normal withen the month, and we can all get back to diving those beautiful springs!!

Excellent report and a joy to read :)

I was at Morrison Sunday morning, gloomy skies, but we arrived early(8am) and made a complete dive(around an hour) before 2 or 3 OW classes came and looked as if they walked down to the cavern entrance... As you stated, on our first dive, visibility was absolutely wonderfull, 60'+. I really don't think I've been in water clearer in fresh nor saltwater. During our surface interval, a 4-wheeler towed a boat into the water as well and motored off - I guess the state allows the use of the spring as a launch. I'm going to remember to bring a flag down with me next time.

inter_alia:
I have never seen water so clear. Not one particle. Not one flaw, really. It was just – perfect. The rain overhead obscured the trees

http://www.suprbugman.com/albums/album27/morison_springs_10_03_04_040.sized.jpg

This was from our first dive(Sun morn about 8:30AM and we were the only people in the water), view from about 30', you'll probably recognize it :wink:

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Bugman, yeah, I recognize that photo... but we had a bit more rain so the trees were fuzzier. I am so taking a flag with me next time, too. Had had no idea boats would be there. It feels kind of weird there, doesn't it? Like we didn't ask permission or something but oh,my at the dive. I'm glad you had a good one, too.

inter_alia:
It feels kind of weird there, doesn't it? Like we didn't ask permission or something but oh,my at the dive.

Definately.

I went the previous week and the gates weren't open, we kind of just sat there... After about 30min, an OW class showed up and said that sometimes the gates aren't open and they just gear up and walk from the bathroom area to the water. Thats all the reassurance I needed and we jumped in the water before the OW kiddies mucked it up - vis wasn't as good that time anyway, but still a good 30-40'.

The place is gutted and abandoned with no electricity... There is TP in the bathrooms and running water, thank God, its gotta mean we're allowed when TP is kept in stock!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom