Looking for a fresh shore dive spot.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I have seen scheckler's book... It has helped... I was just looking for some input from others.... because like others... it seems like I've fallen into the same routine of Shaws or Crescent.....

i gurantee you that you havent seen all the cool stuff at the la jolla shores, lets meet up and i will show you some stuff.

California Diver:
i gurantee you that you havent seen all the cool stuff at the la jolla shores, lets meet up and i will show you some stuff.

You know, I'm sure your right..... I've been there twice... Heard how great it was.... haven't seen much... but I did manage to get myself narced so bad at 130 feet that I thought I was going to blackout and die... One of the many lessons learned...... I'm not sure when, but I do want to meet up with you and check it out....
Thanks

My favorite dive site in Laguna is Cress Street. More interesting critters there and a bit off the beaten path. The reef is larger than can be covered in a 100 cu. ft. It's has a few more stairs and a bit more surface swimming than Shaw's (but not as much as Deadman's). It's fully exposed to any surf, so check the reports before you go.

mccabejc:
Come to think of it, I'm looking for a fresh dive spot in Laguna too. Seems like we always go to Crescent or Shaw's, with an occasional Diver's thrown in. Why don't we get a group together who will try a different site every weekend? Make our way along the coast, trying all those sites Ann Marie mentioned. Anyone?
I know that you and I have talked about doing this before, but what kept us from doing it was that many of those sites are unprotected from the swell that Crescent and Shaw's is protected from. It seems that this has been the swell prevalent throughout the winter, but this may shift for the summer months thus allowing the quest for exploration! I'm in, time and weather permitting.

Christian

It's funny, I'm in the same boat, so to speak, I am bored with all the Ventura-Malibu spots.

You should head North, and I'll come South.

I've been suggesting Crystal cove now for the last couple of weeks. Its got to be less crowded and dived than most of laguna. Also I did a night dive at Aliso beach on the south end of laguna. Very nice dive. Lots of lobster and rock ledges.

Next saturday the 21st, we should all try crystal cove.

John

I'm in. But lets not limit ourselves. Laguna Beach to Malibu is my range. I have dove many but not all of those spots, but I am working on it. So many dive sites, so little time.

I will admit that I more often than not do Crescent Bay (deadmans usally) if I dive Laguna Beach because, well, it is one of the better spots, because of the shape of the cove you can usally get out, and it offers lots to see. But there are other sites too that are good. Montage (Treasure Island) is good if the vis is there, woods cove and many others. Crystal Cove is the bomb, but only when the waves are low and the tide is high. Palo Verde has many great spots too as does Malibu.

I am working on getting the Sandeaters Orange County sites updated. They are off line at the moment, but I hope to have them back up by the end of the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom