Looking for a fresh shore dive spot.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SNOBORDJON:
still in for sat melvin?

John
Sorry, Army has me on a confrence call at 1000 hrs.

Swell model would also rule out Crystal Cove for Saturday need very small waves. https://www.navo.navy.mil/cgi-bin/graphic.pl/metoc/81/21/0-0-1/2

Acutaly the forecasted swell model pretty much rules out diving in most places. That said, I have had some fantastic dives on days the swell model predicted doom and gloom and some bad days on what was on paper perfect conditions.

mccabejc:
Some suggestions (starting from the north end of LA):

Leo Carillo, near the Ventura Cty. line. Great beaches, camping, diving. My favorite dive spot.

Redondo. Haven't dove there, but it's popular and, of course, it has a beach.

Redondo is definitely better at night since it's sand bottom.
Vis can often suck shallower than 30-40 feet but opens up a bit deeper.

From North To South, places I have dove and enjoyed
Deer Creek
County Line
Stair Case - very nice
North Leo
Sequit Point
El Matador
Le Preida
Point Dume
Malibu Road
Nicholas Canyon
Corral Bech

And many more

melvin, crystal cove was great yesterday! Even with big waves! check out my dive report

SNOBORDJON:
melvin, crystal cove was great yesterday! Even with big waves! check out my dive report
Of course it was. What else would it be when I can't go diving? But I had a confrence call with my Battalion Commander and other key staff and so I had to stay home. Then just to make sure I am really ticked off, I had a offer come on on one of my listings (real estate broker) an I had to go present it instead of going to the Scuba Show. Today was no better and by the time I could get free it was 3:00 p.m. and that just made me mad. too late to ddrive down there pay for parking and to get in and then leave in 30-45 minutes. Darn Darn Darn. Weekend shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom