Looking for a good Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smart COM

The air-integrated Smart COM featuring Smart technology shares all features with the Smart PRO and adds information on diver‘s air consumption and remaining bottom time via the traditional high pressure hose.​

ALGORITHM & SAFETY

Adaptive algorithm (ZH-l8 ADT MB). Micro bubble Suppression Technology.

NITROX & GAS INTEGRATION

Nitrox compatibility 21 - 100%. User selectable Nitrox mix in 1% increments for full flexibility.​

True Remaining Bottom Time (RBT) calculation (patented). Combines breathing data, depth, temperature and decompression forecast in a powerful calculation that allows the diver to perform a safe ascent, including all ascents and decompression obligations, and to reach the surface with the predetermined tank reserve (user adjustable between 290 and 1015 psi).​

4350 psi compatibility.

FUNCTIONS & DISPLAY

Displays all essential dive information. The large display presents logically arranged information clearly at a glance.​

Numerous warnings. Increased safety and vigilance by audible maximum depth alarm, fast ascent alarm and many more (can be selectively turned off).​

Gauge mode. Technical depth gauge function to 131 yards depth.​

Dive planner.

User adjustable backlight display.

Replaceable screen protector.

DATA TRANSFER & MEMORY

50 hours of profile storage at 4-second sampling rate. Huge memory ensures you will never lose a dive log; high sampling rate preserves all details about the dives.

99 dive on-board logbook. Quick access to basic logbook information directly on the dive computer. Infrared technology. Wireless data transfer of dive profile information to a PC, MAC or PDA via Smart TRAK, J-Trak or Travel TRAK software, respectively.
Free Smart TRAK, J-Trak, Travel TRAK software and updates available on www.uwatec.com. Select and adjust attention warnings, beeps and various settings to customize your computer to your personal needs, in addition to downloading​

FoxTrot:
Is that Suunto Vyper2 out yet? Any online sellers for it or anyone know what it (or what it will) cost?

I'm going to check into the sherwood wisdom again too.

Now i'm sort of leaning toward a wrist mount.

Suunto does not allow sales on line, so the only way to get one is from a non-manufacturer warranty gray market seller. If you like the Sherwood wisdom, you should also check out the Aeris AI or Oceanic Datamax as all 3 computers are made in the same factory... just slightly different screen setups.

If you want smaller - go with the Aeris... Larger, then the wisdom or datamax. If you are into downloading, the software and cable is cheaper with aeris or oceanic.

And as far as the smart com listed above - keep in mind that is another company that does not allow any net sales - and you cannot change the battery yourself... has to go back to the factory, and some features like turning alarms off and on can only be accomplished by hooking it up to a PC... Not very handy if on the boat and you want to turn off your audibles.

The main deterrent for getting an air integrated for me is the added cost.

I keep waiting for a price drop on air integrated computers, but they seem to be holding their value.

BTW, I have a wrist mount Aeris Atmos 2. I LOVE having the wrist mount once I'm in the water. The only downside is that I have to take it off after every cold-water dive so I can take my wetsuit off. I worry that one day it'll get knocked over board or lost. I have a pretty good system, so most likely I'll won't loose it.

Other than that, I feel like I check my computer more often since wearing it on my wrist.

I like having audible alarms as well. I always set the depth alarm to just over the maximum depth of the dive site. The alarm goes off after one hour as well.

I used a Suunto Cobra for years. I sold it and got a Suunto Vytec (hoseless AI). With both I used a Suunto Stinger for backup. After losing my tank pressure on one dive and another dive (different trip) it would not sync up with the sending unit, I added a 2inch brass spg.

Last month I was at Cayman Digital Jam and Cochrans' sales manager (and one of the sponsors) was there with a bunch of demo units. I wore one for the week and I was amazed at how much more bottom time it gave me. When I got home, I traded my Vytec in on an EMC-20H (they have a trade-in program).

http://www.divecochran.com/

Dave

I really like Suunto. I use the Vyper on a wrist mount but they have a few models I think would work for you. I also like the Diverite comps. I would check out www.divetank.com for Suunto and www.diveriteexpress.com for the Diverite. If you are looking to save a few bucks then check out the Aeris Atmos II.

stangd1909:
Thats what I think I am getting....pro and cons about this peice?
strangd1909.....
2 things ive found cons so far with the VT3 and both are minor. The manule take a bit to get used to.. i read it over and over before i felt comfortable with all the featurs. The 2nd is once in awhile it get's caught on my bc strap putting on and taking off my bc.. 2 very minor cons....... Ive dove with a few different computers and while they were all good it really comes down to personal preference. If you want to know something in more detail just message me and Ill be glad to snswer ya.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom