Looking for a little advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regardless of how good a deal is, if it isn't a good fit it's money down the drain.

Take the time to get it right the first time. Getting 2 bcds isn't good idea unless both have a purpose.
True, but I also tend to be the person that collects a bunch of random things just in case. If I get a BCD and I don't like it my son may if I can ever get him into scuba diving. He is like a mirror image of me build wise and height wise, just without the start of an expanding belly.

He tends to get my SCA cast offs for armor also.

Yes I know its not exactly the best answer but I was trying to find out anyones impression on the Dacor Rig2, if I can pick something up for not much more than renting it why not try it?

True, but I also tend to be the person that collects a bunch of random things just in case. If I get a BCD and I don't like it my son may if I can ever get him into scuba diving. He is like a mirror image of me build wise and height wise, just without the start of an expanding belly.

He tends to get my SCA cast offs for armor also.

Yes I know its not exactly the best answer but I was trying to find out anyones impression on the Dacor Rig2, if I can pick something up for not much more than renting it why not try it?

Sorry bout that but I'm not the best person to give any advice on standard jacket bcds cus none of them ever fit me well. How much is the deco rig 2 selling on ebay anyway?
Is this the set?
Dacor "the rig" 2 Wing Scuba Diving BC Dive Weight Integrated

What about this instead?
Dive rite Venture Wing And Stainless Steel Back Plate With Std Harness
or this
OMS Stainless Steal Back Plate and DeepOutdoors Wing. FREE 50lb lift bag

However, I would consider the zeagle express tech as well as it's only $260
Zeagle Express Tech BCD

Add a couple of weight pockets and you are good to go.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom