Looking for a regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turtle80831

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have 30 dives and looking to get all my own gear.
I have been looking at new stuff and I like the Hog gear.
Spent so much time on here looking at all the reviews, makes your head spin.
Found a 2013 Scubapro MK 25 S600. Very clean about 100 dives on it.
it has an old Sunto computer too but not a selling point.
They are asking $200 for it
I think this is a good deal. Get it serviced and it should last me along time.
I vacation dive warm water, Cozumel, DR, Hawaii.
Any input would help
Thanks!!!!

That's an awesome price for a fantastic regulator as long as there is nothing seriously wrong with it and it can be serviced using the standard kit.

The scubapro sounds like a good deal. The pro side is you'll easily find a place to service them, and they're balanced (I think). Cons - used gear.

For the Edge-Hog gear, I'm a fan of the majority of it (I'm also a dealer). The plus side is cost and you can service them yourself if you take the class. You can get a set of entry level (unbalanced) regs for about $300 new. Cons - if you want someone else to service them, you're going to have to ship them out, probably.

You might also want to consider Deep6, since you can service the regs yourself without a class.

If you think you'll be doing the same kind of diving in 5 years, all would suit you well.

I've ordered from this shop before. Some may worry it's in Spain, but I got my items right away and got good service. It's a new package of items, not used, but you won't be able to do any Scubapro parts deal because it's outside the US. You wouldn't be able to anyway buying used. Anyway, it's a MK17 EVO 1st stage, a S620 2nd stage and a R195 Octo for around $415 shipped. Up to you if you want to risk buying from overseas...

You might also want to consider Deep6, since you can service the regs yourself without a class.

That isn't acutally true. We have criteria for kits access, it has been discussed here before. They either need to take our service course or show proof of skill/prior training/mentoring/etc.

Even with servicing being $100ish (call your LDS or whoever you plan to service for you), and that $200 SP reg is tough to beat.
Pretty much any quality manufacturer, you will be happy with. Self servicing may or may not be important to you. Atomic, ScubaPro, Apeks, Deep 6, etc. all make top notch gear and you'll be happy with whatever you purchase.

Hello all,
I have 30 dives and looking to get all my own gear.
I have been looking at new stuff and I like the Hog gear.
Spent so much time on here looking at all the reviews, makes your head spin.
Found a 2013 Scubapro MK 25 S600. Very clean about 100 dives on it.
it has an old Sunto computer too but not a selling point.
They are asking $200 for it
I think this is a good deal. Get it serviced and it should last me along time.
I vacation dive warm water, Cozumel, DR, Hawaii.
Any input would help
Thanks!!!!

Like real estate, location, location, location! Okay when it comes to used regulators it is condition, condition, condition. Including cosmetics. If it is beat to hell on the outside I do not care how good it is on the inside.

The Hog and Deep Six and DGX regulators represent excellent value, an opinion based on very little other than handling a few. But Scubapro anything, yeah buddy :wink:.

James

Are you getting an octo and gauges with the Scuba Pro? If you are, then $200 is a really good deal. I would recommend having any used regulator serviced and replacing the mouth piece.

Back
Top Bottom