Looking for a set of warm water travel regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMcKay

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Getting back into diving after a long break, wife and I are now free to travel to warm water destinations. Spent all our early years diving central coast of California and am familiar with regs for that environment. We have no plans to go back to cold waters, I do a little but it won’t be cooler than 50 f. Looking at all discussions here I find tons of info on the new cold water regs but little to none on tropical water/travel regs. I’ll need a brand with service available in most vacation spots around the warm water diving locations. I was an avid Apek user but I also liked Scubapro.
Not interested in tech or deep diving.
Tips?

apeks atx40/ds4 or mk11/c370 if you can get it shipped from europe

else look at dive rite or deep 6 for much less money in the US

world wide dealer network is overrated, not like you can expect most shops to service/rebuild your reg for you overnight. just bring extra spares or finish the trip on rental regs as needed

The Deep 6 regs work well and won't cost you and arm and a leg. Hog, too.

My wife's and daughter's warm water travel regs are ScubaPro mk20/25 firsts and ScubaPro g250 seconds. Picked up used for pennies on the dollar, and perform in the upper tier of regulators.

world wide dealer network is overrated, not like you can expect most shops to service/rebuild your reg for you overnight. just bring extra spares or finish the trip on rental regs as needed
This is probably the most truthful statement that can be made. When we travel (three divers), there is one complete spare set that can be catabolized across the three of us. Yep, bring spares or rent.

"world wide dealer network is overrated, not like you can expect most shops to service/rebuild your reg for you overnight. just bring extra spares or finish the trip on rental regs as needed"

This.

Or buy G250s and learn to service them, no special tools needed, dirt simple. But if you've the money to spend...

Aqualung Core Supreme. Small, sealed, light, breathes very well and with ACD you can just rinse them off and not worry about salt buildup in the first stage - ideal when diving on vacation. Worldwide service and parts availability but as others have said carrying a spare makes more sense - or use a rental in the unlikely event there's an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom