Looking for Curacao Lodging and diving suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

srkmrd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Our local dive club is looking at heading to Curacao for our annual dive trip most likely in December. We have not been there in over 10 years. Last time we were at Habitat and liked that location. Most of the places I am looking at now are on further West (I think). I would love to here any and all suggestions on lodging, diving and dining.
Thanks!!

Hi srkmrd,

I recommend you get in touch with Bryan of Go West Diving in Westpoint (..:: GO WEST DIVING - Curacao ::..). The diving out there is fantastic, they offer both boat and shore diving (the house reef is very nice, day and night).

For accomodation you have different choices:

If you prefer to stay in a resort with swimming pool and restaurants for breakfast etc. look at the Lodge Kura Hulanda (Curacao Beach Resort | Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club | Curacao Resort). The hotel is located side by side with Go West Diving on the same beach (Playa Kalki).

An interesting alternative is to book All West Apartments (www.allwestcuracao.com): All Apartments feature fully equipped kitchens (so you can prepare food for yourselves) air condition, bathroom, free WLAN internet access, and a balcony/terrace directly overlooking the bay. There are charcoal grills available on the seaside walkway, so you can BBQ together with your group. If you want to go out for dinner, there are several restaurants in Westpoint, like famous Sol Food, Landhuis Misje (recently re-opened according to Curacao Sunshine), Rancho el Sobrino, Jaanchie's, and the restaurant at the Lodge Kura Hulanda. The only meal you have to prepare for yourselves at All West is breakfast. The swimming pool at All West is the ocean - walk down a set of stairs, and you are right on the beach! For shore divers All West Apartments have a locker room with exits on the seaside, making it very easy to dive the house reef - one of my favourite shore dives on Curacao, and on the roadside (load gear and tanks, and drive away to any beach you like). Full air tanks are available 24/7, and they have rinse tanks, hangers and boxes for your dive equipment. If you want to join Go West Diving boat dives, the dive shop is only 3 minutes away by car.
All West can offer you service packages including airport transfers, accomodation, rental cars/trucks, and diving (with Go West Diving).

Depending on the size of your group, you'd better be quick making your arrangements, because both Go West Diving and All West Apartments get a lot of bookings, and fill up very quickly, especially during the winter months.

Have fun planning your trip!

Greetings from Germany
Andreas

Back
Top Bottom