Looking for dive buddy for Key Largo FL in June 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubby-doo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are going to KL June 19-26 and I need a dive buddy since wife is pregnant and wont dive , but will be a active snorkeler !
I am looking for a good experienced dive buddy during that week to go anywhere, reefs, wrecks, but i really want to do the Speigel. I heard I need a experienced guide for that. I am a white married male,with OW, 44 yrs old, athletic build, an avid team swimmer since high school, with about 50+ logged dives in carribean, curacao, florida, etc. I have all my own gear incl computer. I need a guide to help me dive wrecks in KL. Will offer pay for assistance.. Please let me know when you are available, which days, and when we could get together to dive. we could meet at our hotel in advance to discus dive plans. please PM me. Mark.

We are going to KL June 19-26 and I need a dive buddy since wife is pregnant and wont dive , but will be a active snorkeler !
I am looking for a good experienced dive buddy during that week to go anywhere, reefs, wrecks, but i really want to do the Speigel. I heard I need a experienced guide for that. I am a white married male,with OW, 44 yrs old, athletic build, an avid team swimmer since high school, with about 50+ logged dives in carribean, curacao, florida, etc. I have all my own gear incl computer. I need a guide to help me dive wrecks in KL. Will offer pay for assistance.. Please let me know when you are available, which days, and when we could get together to dive. we could meet at our hotel in advance to discus dive plans. please PM me. Mark.

There is no need. There are a couple of operators in the area that provide guided dives. Rainboreef.us and keydives.com. Come to mind.

:(

I'd come do this with you, but I'm teaching a Trimix class that week. :(

Since you're willing to pay--just ask your dive op to put you in touch with an experienced divemaster or instructor. Rainbow does put a dm in the water, but that person is likely to be a newbie and will be with ALL the divers--unless you ask for a guided dive.............with someone with Speigel experience.
The Benwood is a great shallow wreck with lots of fish--do that one too! It's my favorite dive around Key Largo. I noticed someone doing both on a single trip a few days ago--that would be great!!:D

thanks for the idea. i will them out. Rainbow lets you combine 3 or 5 day dive package and combine with the AOW for a discounted price.
that would work out great.

Call around. I went out with Conch Republic a few years ago as a single. Conche, Amy Slaltes, Atlantis... all ussuly have decent size groups where you can find an odd number lookiging for a dive buddy.

thanks for the idea. i will them out. Rainbow lets you combine 3 or 5 day dive package and combine with the AOW for a discounted price.
that would work out great.

We did our AOW that way with Dive Key Largo, Florida Keys with Rainbow Reef Dive Center;scuba diving:diving, Florida keys, florida diving It was economical, fun and very professional. They made lifetime customers of us :D Do the certification at the beginning of your trip and then you won't be depth limited. The guides at RRDC are included if you choose to participate, so you would be diving the Spiegel Grove with a guide...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom