Looking for Dive Buddy for Milbrook Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djesser

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am a British Sub Aqua Club (BSAC) Instructor and PADI DM and have been diving since 1987. I moved back home to the US from Africa last Fall. I have had some success finding people in my area to dive with, but I want to go out about twice a month to Millbrook on a regular basis to keep up my skills. I'm not teaching anymore (though my membership with PADI is paid up each year), I just want a responsible buddy to dive with. No nitrox, mixed gas, deco-diving, etc. I use a DUI dry-suit and pretty much self contained and low maintenence. I live in Dale City/Manassas area (near 234/Spriggs Rd.). If you're interested, drop me a line.

DJ

If you are looking for a regular buddy, I don't think I can help you. I'm trying to get out a couple times a month too, but can't commit. I would be happy to try and hook up to dive sometime though. I'm heading to PA (guppy gulch) this saturday morning, so I probably won't be back down to millbrook for a couple of weeks.

DJ,

The Dive Shop is having a fun dive/BBQ this Sunday (6/26-10am) at Millbrook. Almost every Sunday through September there will be a fun dive (http://www.thediveshop-va.com/fun_dives.htm). You are guaranteed a dive buddies with varying experience/skill levels at these dives. Try going this Sunday because you won't be disappointed. The Dive Shop does a good job with this event and the food is good as well.

Pedro

Does anyone need a buddy for tomorrow (Saturday-25th)? The guy I was going with had to back out. Now I have nobody. If someone needs a buddy, PM me.

I'll go pretty much anywhere within a couple hours of columbia, MD.

TIA,
Chris

That sounds like a very good idea and I am free Sunday. I might give it a shot.

Cheers,

DJ

I'll head down sunday as well. Do we need to call the dive shop, or can we just show up? What beach? Anybody else want to join us?

Chris

OK, I called the dive shop and it's only $9 plus quarry pass (I got one at my LDS for $11. I'll be there about 9:30 or before. The fun dive starts at 10 and they feed you at 12.

I drive a charcol gray yukon denali XL and I'll have a green tarp (won't everyone?).

Look forward to seeing someone there.

WaTeRwEaSeL:
The Dive Shop owns the quarry and their fun dives are BS. They want you to pay them $9 just to go diving with them. Hook up with another shop like Virginia Scuba or Sea Ventures. Heres their web sites:
www.virginiascuba.com/
www.seaventures-va.com/
I actually had a good time. For $9 I got a couple of burgers, some cold drinks, cookies, veggies, and a buddy.

No complaints here. The Millers own the quarry, but I guess the dive shop runs it. Everyone seemed nice. I would do it again. But then again, I'm pretty easy.

Waterweasel,

I got certified with VA Scuba but they don't have any organized dives after you are certified like the Fun Dives with The Dive Shop. Normal Fun Dives are $5 (BBQ/special ones more), which is not bad for guaranteed buddies and meeting new and old buddies.

Chris,

Glad you had a good time.

Pedro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom