Looking for Divers in the Destin Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stone:
...For these depths, Nitrox is the way to go. At 110 fsw, EAN32 gives us about 10 minutes more bottom time. We usually dive EAN30 on the 130 fsw wrecks which gives us 5 or 6 more minutes.
I may just have to take a nitrox class soon :D. How is the water for picture taking at the wrecks? I'll let you know if my schedule opens up for a dive in the near future. Is the best way to get in touch by PM?

In general, the viz is better off-shore; however, viz is always a crap-shoot. There are wrecks that sit in depressions that collect silt. If there is enough action to agitate the silt, but not enough current to move it out of the area, you can have great vis until you get to 30 ft from the bottom, then the viz goes to crap.

Send a PM or use stone@valp.net.

SeaYoda:
I may just have to take a nitrox class soon :D. How is the water for picture taking at the wrecks? I'll let you know if my schedule opens up for a dive in the near future. Is the best way to get in touch by PM?

Stone:
I am still on the lookout for diving buddies in the Destin area, but I just found out that my marina will be shutting down 23 Dec to 1 Jan.

I'll PM the folks that were interested in some Christmas diving.
I'm in Panama City Beach. If you guys are doing some Christmas Diving just let me know. I'd love to catch a ride with you. Haven't gotten to dive with any of my new Scuba Board friends so this may be the perfect opportunity?

I'm not Nitrox certified yet either, can I still come play?

Stone:
I am still on the lookout for diving buddies in the Destin area, but I just found out that my marina will be shutting down 23 Dec to 1 Jan.

I'll PM the folks that were interested in some Christmas diving.

I'll let you know the next time I'll be in the area. :1poke:

Looking forward to the USS Oriskany sinking!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom