Looking for divers in the northwest Georgia area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PEARL,

Where are they and what is the diving like? Always looking for new places to dive especially if it's 78 degrees in winter!!!

I'm also up for some lake diving.

Irish,

by the way, that tn river diving is some pretty rough stuff. What kind of viz do you get? The only place up there that i have seen decent viz is on soddy lake, but it's not too deep, mostly about 15'-30'. I would estimate viz at soddy to be about 5' on a good day. Soddy is a little better than the river because soddy creek is so clear.

WOW, I just about live on Soddy Lake, like 2 houses down across the street. You have to cross Soddy Creek to get to my house. I would think you are in the Tn. River to get 30' depth around here. Diving downtown Chattanooga isn't too bad depending when and where. I have seen 10'-15' vis at the bottom of Market St. Bridge. The depth is only in the 18'-25' range, rocky bottom, but those dives are for souvenirs anywho.:D

Irish,

Right across from the boat ramp at Soddy lake the depth is about 22' in the summer. It's probably less now because they let the water down in winter. I go up there quite often in the summer. I have a boat at Chickamauga Marina and I take the trip up there on Tuesdays and Sundays for the cleaner water and to get away from all the congestion down river. But lets start talking specifics of when we all want to get together and dive.

zoombada

Welcom aboard! Love to dive Carters, just drop a PM when you want to go! Have drysuit will dive anytime!

Mike

Hi Zoombada,

I am a newbie but I would love to go dive Carter lake or any place I can get my feet into. I have dove in Lake Jocassee a few times out by the wall and around the shore. I do not have a dry suit yet but I am slowly building my way up to it. I will PM you with more details just let me know and we can try to put something together.

Tony

Hey Everyone,

It sounds to me like there is some real interest in getting a dive together. The question is when do we put this thing together. I am not a big planner of get togethers. I tend to be the guy who wakes up and decides to go do something that day. So, when do you guys want to go.

zoombada

I should be available most weekends and the week between Christmas and New Years, up to February.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom