Looking for Free Divemaster Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greenblayza

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

I'm in search of 'free' DMT where I trade work for the cost of the course. I would prefer somewhere in Indonesia. I've been searching on the internet for a week straight now and it seems that most places that offer this sort of exchange are located in Thailand.

I'm wondering if anyone knows any - anywhere besides Thailand, but preferably Indonesia (Coral Triangle). I have found one - Absolute Bali Scuba - who I emailed shortly before posting this, but haven't found any others - again, anywhere.

I don't have a time limit on the length of the program so a 4-5 month course would be ideal. I don't have any restrictions on location, just preference.

PLEASE HELP!!

MOD - **Please place this in the appropriate area if it isn't already**

Hello,
s
Free DMT's are really very common in Indonesia and definitely not in the North Sulawesi area where I am based, most places will expect you to pay for room and board and also course materials.

Check out Two Fish Divers for the Divemaster Programme, it will probably be one if the cheapest options.

This kind of offer is illegal in Thailand. You will need a work permit in order to be able participate in such programs. Be careful, if caught (not too likely to be honest) repercussions can be harsh in Thailand.

Just reread my previous comment...Lets try again!!
Free DMT's are really NOT very common in Indonesia and definitely not in the North Sulawesi area where I am based, most places will expect you to pay for room and board and also course materials.

Check out Two Fish Divers for the Divemaster Programme, it will probably be one if the cheapest options.

As Limbo says this is not a route you really want to go down. Come in on a tourist visa and pay for your DMT then you will get the best programme. A free DMT can mean you as 'slave' labour and not so much learning experience.

SE Asia is a high volume area and your chances of working off a DM are close to zero. The days of that kind of internship are gone. Now the internships are paid 3 month labour courses- you will still have to pay something be it fees, food, lodging etc.

Better to try to find a small mom and pop DC somewhere locally and try to impress them and ask for training in return for working around the shop.

Most of the time its u get for what u paid. Free divemaster internships are maybe nice for u, but u have to realize an instructor has to be paid too. Should an instructor put all his time in ur education when he will get nothing? Also when u pay a course u will know for what u have paid, when u get it for free u can be used as tank filler, painter etc. a divemaster internship is not slaveryso when u paid the course and u dont like it u can stop when ever u want, and with a free course it harder.

i agree with the others , most of the time you just do your divemaster course at the end of your internship ,cause the dive center don t want you leave after your certification , so it can control you.
At the end you don t have so much expérience and you cannot say anything .
An other probleme in Indonesia , it s illegal to work without working permit (kitas) if immigration catch you you go to jail and you must pay 5000$

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom