looking for shore diving destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cant believe no one mentioned okinawa. Okinawa had some spectacular shore diving, in fact I never went out on a boat there. The visibility, water temp and sea life left me speechless.

herman:
I did finally go to Curaco this July but so far I have not found any place (this side of the world) that has shore diving worth trying except Bonaire and Curacao. There are a few places that have a few sites but not enought to make me want to go there. The main reason for the question was I have a couple of dive/travel buddies who are very prone to seasickness so shore diving is a must. We had done Bonaire several years in a row and were looking to see if we could find some place similar. Curacao turned out to be pretty good but we still prefered Bonaire, mainly due to smaller size of Bonaire. Other than Curacao, no place really compairs to Bonaire for the amount and quality of the shore dives. I am still open to suggestions.

I've been to Bonaire, and the diving is not as good as Dahab (Red Sea). I appreciate that the Red Sea is kind of a long trip for you, but it is well worth it, and much cheaper than Bonaire when you get there. Dahab is all shore dives, but it is not as free and easy as Bonaire - dives must be guided by a locally licenced DM, max depth of 30m for recreational divers. Huge variety and number of marine life, and some awesome underwater topography, the Canyon and the Blue Hole are two of my favourite dives ever.

We have been to Bonaire twice and I had the opportunity to dive this last trip.I am spoiled. I can't think of anywere I would rather go.

Try St. Croix Cane bay area as well as the Frederiksted pier. I did at least 20 shore dives there in one trip, I would definitely go back for it.

Reactions: Doc
​Fun :sblogo: fact:

This thread has attracted 1.714 posts per year and 169.42 views per year.

The original post was from about the time Scuba board came into existence!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom