Looking for some nices dives in eastern canada this summer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, Pat. My name's Corey, and I live in Moncton, New Brunswick. I went snorkelling about four weeks ago. I can Snorkel, but not scuba, damn. But, I can still be in submerged, ha ha. I want to go snorkelling again, soon. If you want to look me up, feel free, I'm around home. You can write to me at this address, Corey Hansen. 8o Dickson Blvd. Moncton, NB E1E 2P5. I'm looking for some one to do things with, like snorkelling, always. Here's my phone number, if you're in my area. 384-9378. I'm always expecting the unexpected. I do that because some times in life, you have to expected. The Maritimes are a good place to visit, in the summer time. Well, bye for now. Corey. P.s. you'll love visiting the Maritimes, trust me on that.

It's still warm enough but pack that extra blanket. If your in NB, I would be more then happy to take you to Deer Island. I know your a beginner, I have a number of dive sthere and the LIFE is amazing. Drop me a PM and I will give you all the information you need. You can camp by the ocean, but it is a camp ground the good thing is Deer Island Point Camp ground is very very laid back and you don't have to worry too mucha bout rules and quiet hour and all that jazz......... www.geocities.com/marjcrousse2/index.html

Thanks all.. Don't know if I'll be able to make it happen this summer. There is still a lot of work to do and since is is something that gives me good money, I rather take it while it last. I may just go and dive in the south this winter, or do more diving next summer.

I will keep the name of all of you guys and do another attempt next years. Or, if I have some spare time by the end of summer, then I,ll chek for a weekend dive maybe in New Brunswick.

Take care,

Pat

this area is not for new divers . please ask some locals about this dive and take care when diving in tidal areas. this is an extemely dangerous tidal zone and if the dive is done incorrectly then you risk being taken from shore by very strong currents. deer island point has the 2nd largest tidal whirlpool in the world. i have seen 6 foot standing waves in this area. there is a limited window of diving at the point and it IS NOT for new divers.

Hello Pat
If you happen to be down in Halifax looking for a place to dive check out the site for Torpedo Rays diving web site Welcome To Torpedo Rays Scuba they have some really good info on dives here in Halifax....

One of my favorite dive site in Halifax is Polly Cove. Max depth of 60ft is it would fit your criteria very well. It is not easy to reach since you will need a 4x4, but it is definitely worth it. I would recommend at least making a stop there. I can't post the dive site link since I do not have enough posts, but google it.

P.S. I would recommend taking two tanks to compensate for the hike on a site like this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom