Newbie from Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hated jackets from day one. My first bc was a zeagle ranger (back inflate) then went bpw.

I plan on doing both but not traveling this year. Dove last weekend in 57⁰ water temperature. 7mm wetsuit just isn't cutting it. Gear put away til next spring !
Www.seaskin.co.uk

Go dry and dive year round. No more cold surface intervals. Only need to towel your hair before going home. Dives are more comfortable and thus more enjoyable.

I plan on doing both but not traveling this year. Dove last weekend in 57⁰ water temperature. 7mm wetsuit just isn't cutting it. Gear put away til next spring !
I was out yesterday. It was 12C below 10m and progressively colder nearer the surface, and 6C or less near the surface, freshwater (rain run off) sitting over saltwater (see profile below). Even in drysuits we felt the cold, the dive would have been really uncomfortable if we’d warn semi drys.

My suggestion is get a drysuit, with training, then you can dive year round.

Congratulations and welcome to the underwater world.

Attachments

• IMG_5920.png
    IMG_5920.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 24
I was out yesterday. It was 12C below 10m and progressively colder nearer the surface, and 6C or less near the surface, freshwater (rain run off) sitting over saltwater (see profile below). Even in drysuits we felt the cold, the dive would have been really uncomfortable if we’d warn semi drys.

My suggestion is get a drysuit, with training, then you can dive year round.

Congratulations and welcome to the underwater world.
Hi, and thank you. Will consider the drysuit for sure !

I thought I had a bpw lol Geez I'm confused... I have a Aqualung Lotus back inflation-style bcd
Enjoy what you have. A BP/W setup is modular, which means you can (and often have to) make decisions about the various components (e.g.: backplate, wing, harness/webbing, whether to add a single tank adapter) then put them together (or have someone else do it, like I did), whereas what you have was probably all-in-one and ready to go right off the rack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom