Looking for triple manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the responses. The customer we have is experienced in swiftwater rescue. He also teaches the techniques to PSD teams. He has been doing this for a number of years and has been called in when others have elected not to attempt recoveries including two occaisions when the Army Corp of Engineers deemed the recovery too dangerous for their team. Most of these recoveries are of whitewater rafters or kayakers who have gotten themselves into trouble. While I don't pretend to know all the techniques he uses I respect his abilities and figure he knows what he is doing and what he wants based on years of experience and training. I have obtained info from a posting on TDS where contacts were furnished and we will be making the calls tomorrow or tuesday. Thanks again for all the responses. And believe me this is in no way sport diving and therefore standard rules and techniques that may be appropriate for recreational and even some other PSD diving kind of get thrown out the window. Not by me but by someone with the training, experience, and cahoneys to do this type of diving.

John C. Ratliff:
My comment about having the tanks lower on the back is for two reasons. First, the lower down it is, the more it is likely to fit into the eddie created by the diver's head, and not give so much profile to the water. Also, many people have a noticable rounding of the upper back and shoulders. Lowering the tank(s) puts the cylinder below this rounding, and therefore decreases the cross-sectional area presented to the water (as the back itself already is presented to the water here, and I realize that I may simply be talking about myself, and how my body looks in the water).
Another related issues is that in a swift water situation the current is usually faster a foot or so off the bottom due to the turbulence that occurs in the boundary layer on the bottom.

If you can keep yourself tucked into this layer, you fight a lot less current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom