looking to buy complete intergrated bc package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you decide you want a jacket style, the Genesis Cobra 2 in XXL would fit you well. I have one but when I bought it, I weighed 33 lbs. (300) more than I do now. I am thinking about a Balance for my next one once the weight loss goal is acheived. I bought my Genesis from Joe Diver America, and they are an authorized Genesis dealer.

I'm not totally sure what you are looking for, but a few points....

SCUBA is a gear intensive sport and that means $$. With experience or a good mentor used gear can serve you well but it's a risky path for a novice who is not gear savvy.

You sound like a diver of size and that usualy means significant neoprene which means considerable weight. Consider carrying most of it in a DUI Weight & trim II. That will let you run a simple non integrated BC (less $$) or even a BP&W which will be a snap to tailor and adjust. Additionally if you ever need to get out of your rig you will be very glad that the weight is on your person, not in the BC.

Pete

Rich,

I'm a big guy also........it can be frustrating fitting into something that doesn't fit. We'd be happy to sell you a ton of things but the best suggestion I can give you is to try on many styles and types. At our shop I wouldn't let anyone just try one BC on. I want them to have options.

I'd be happy to assist please feel free to call us anytime. We do carry larger sized BC.

Happy Diving

I am about the same size and bought a Seaquest Pro Qd+, size 2xl, works and fits great. The integrated weight system is also helpful since I dive in Connecticut and Rhode Island and generally need to wear a 7mm suit. It's a lot of neoprene, and person, to sink. I use a weight harness but also need to add a few pounds in the BC quick release pockets.

I'd recommend trying a backplate and wing as it is pretty much infiinitely adjustable, but if you really want a fully weight integrated BC that contains everything (even a retractor in the pocket for your secondary light) take a look at the Seasoft BCDs- they only come in two sizes since they are almost infinitely adjustable.
http://tinyurl.com/ms6wj
The regular can fit kids to average adults, and the large can fit people to 400# but still also fit a 200 pounder. Before you discount it as hype, take a look at the website and see if you can find one in your area to look at and fit on.
BTW, I am not promoting them, I dive a BP/W but was impressed by the versatility. Most around here seem to be diving Zeagles to the Seasoft gets overlooked, but everone used Seasofts weight pouches!
gomi_

I'd choose the BP & wing. I bought a back inflation BC with weight integration & now wish I had chosen the bp & wing. 1) can't use the pockets cause they are too hard to get into being so high up & with weights there is no room left. 2) if something breaks - its all gone!

Comfort - while I have neer dived a harness, those who do tell me they are much more comfortable because you can adjust them for you. BC is still designed to fit a range of people...

Back
Top Bottom