Looking to try Full Face Mask diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bahloola

Registered
Reaction score
Hello my name is Andy 23 year old from Santa Clarita and was looking into purchasing a full face mask for diving but was told to try a few out to see which one i am comfortable with and what works best for me but cant seem to find anywhere around here in souther california to rent one or take classes or training or pretty much anything on one. its hard enough to find a place to buy one but thats it anyone know anywhere around here 91351 Ca . to try one out or rent one or what they think worked out best for them when they made the investment. thank any info would be appreciated.

It depends a bit on the shape of your face, I really like the Interspiro Divator (AGA mask) and the Poseidon atmosphere.

There are a couple articles on some of the different options out there if you check the articles section (top / blue navigation bar)

thanks for the advice but i was really looking for some hands on. places i could go rent one or try one in a class thnx though

I would contact Ken Fisher at Ocean Technology Systems. They are the U.S. distributor for AGA (Interspiro) full-face masks. I know for a fact that they rent/lend out FFM's. Give him a call at 800-550-1984. One of the major reasons divers go with FFM's is that they allow the dive to use underwater communications. I'd talk to him about comms while you're at it.

in all honsetly i get kind of tired of having to stick a reg in my mouth and sometimes but really an issue southern cali is kinda cold in the winter when i have lots of free time. not looking to go extravagant my best interest through research looks to be the aga mkII made a few calls and working on it thnx also not really interested in ffm's that require u to install a standard 2nd stage into looking for freedom to breath from nose or mouth and honestly just looking at it as something new and exciting and worth giving some thought

I really like the Kirby Morgan mask. You don't have to use the mouth piece, it's optional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom