Los Coronados Mexico, is FMM tourist card required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Los Coronados islands are about 7-ten miles south of the border . The dive company required buying the Mexico tourist card for $45. It’s not a visa. A passport is required. After reading lots of websites I don’t understand if the Mexico tourist card is needed . The Mexico FMM gov website is only in Spanish. I read cards required to go more then 12 miles from the border. Is the card required by the Mexican govt if traveling from San Diego CA to Los Coronados and going back to San Diego without going ashore? Thanks

Dove Coronados many times with Waterhorse out of SD. They only require a cert card and passport. I don't know about your tour operators requirements though.

Dove Coronados many times with Waterhorse out of SD. They only require a cert card and passport. I don't know about your tour operators requirements though.
What year was that? Waterhorse now requires the $45 paid tourist card. It’s good for six months but they said you need a new one for every trip.

I just looked and I stand corrected! When I went last month they didnt have the $45 fee but they do now.

It pushes the cost of a three tank trip from $228 to $273 -- wowza. The price increase kinda sucks. I know its a full day of diving/boat time, but if you can get three tanks to the oil rigs/catalina/or anacapa for $189 it makes the price a lot harder to swallow.

I just looked and I stand corrected! When I went last month they didnt have the $45 fee but they do now.

It pushes the cost of a three tank trip from $228 to $273 -- wowza. The price increase kinda sucks. I know its a full day of diving/boat time, but if you can get three tanks to the oil rigs/catalina/or anacapa for $189 it makes the price a lot harder to swallow.
Along with the cost of gas/time to drive to Long Beach to get to those places! :)

Ever since my first time to the Coronados on WH since 2019, the visa fee has always been there. But I believe it's always been part of the booking cost iirc and only had to show passport at check in. I would call/msg them to confirm if it's indeed extra at check in or if it's just oddly worded on the site.

Back
Top Bottom